Skills: Production Operator, Production Technologist, Process Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Morecambe, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Production Technician for a contract position, located in Morecambe - Offshore.
As part of a small team, undertakes safe and environmentally responsible operation and monitoring of all high-pressure process and utilities equipment, undertaking first line maintenance and performing ancillary activities to maintain safe operational continuity, ensure product quality and meet gas production schedules.
- Operates high pressure gas production/processing plant and utilities equipment in accordance with procedures, utilising both on-plant and control room equipment, monitoring performance through control systems and regular on-site patrol, recording performance data and providing appropriate reports
- Acts as Area Technician, monitoring and controlling all activities within a defined area of jurisdiction in accordance with permitry specification/constraints and appropriate procedures/work practices
- Supports the Production Team Lead in drawing up Permits to Work and in preparing plans for planned and defect maintenance, ensuring safe working conditions for such activity and controlling the return of plant to service
- Identifies and reports plant/equipment defects and operating abnormalities, raising and progressing work order defects through the system
- Performances first line maintenance and remedial tasks, maintaining appropriate records
- Analyses plant performance data to ensure the plant is performing at optimum efficiency, producing reports and recommendations on the findings
- Monitors stock levels of chemicals, spheres, spares and consumables to ensure continuity of production capability and extracts process material samples and undertakes analysis to monitor product quality and to ensure that effluent discharges meet specified standards, taking corrective actions as appropriate
- Develops and reviews operating procedures for approval and implementation in line with Company standards and statutory requirement.
- Demonstrable experience in petrochemical process operations or maintenance
- Sound understanding of engineering principles
- The inherent hazards of operating in this nature and the substances involved require the job holder to possess a thorough knowledge of procedures and the process systems to ensure the ongoing integrity of health, safety and environmental performance
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Confidence to make judgements relying on their own knowledge to react positively to any incident, to control a situation until the Shift Engineer can take charge. Trained in areas such as firefighting, the use of self-contained breath apparatus, coxswain (offshore), first aid, etc to enable them to be part of an Emergency Response Team
- It is an expectation of the business that the job holder maintains and continues to develop the competencies necessary to carry out the role to the required standard whilst in position.
- BTEC ordinary certificate or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Several years of offshore production experience in the E&P industry
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Current valid Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical and MIST