Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Controller to form part of our project team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Project Controls Lead, a key focus of your role will be to identify opportunities, to reduce costs, improve work force productivity and improve the accuracy and efficiency of processes for monthly reporting requirements.
- Monitoring and controlling cost activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Supporting the implementation of project cost management programmes that provide an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and programme level
- Ensuring that cost reports are delivered on time and within the guidelines of the project controls processes and procedures
- Developing project budgets in accordance with project estimate and WBS
- Liaising with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact on the project budget
- Producing updates to project cost forecasts
- Issuing project change orders / variations in accordance with engineering and construction change notifications
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years' experience as a Cost Controller / Specialist
- Relevant degree in Business or Engineering
- Exposure to brownfields projects will be considered advantageous
- Proficiency with industry standard software including Microsoft Excel and cost control programmes
- Demonstrated experience with Earned Value Management
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Cost Controller, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.