Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Skills: Drafting, Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is seeking Field Technician to join our team in Saskatoon or Prince Albert, AB.
Rodmen/Rodwomen duties include:
- Travel to and from sites across the province
- Carry survey stakes
- Pound (hammer) in survey stakes
- Assist is setting up and running RTK GPS equipment
- Assist with survey notes
- Flagperson duties (if required for high traffic count roads or if assisting with geotechnical drilling operations)
Scaler/Checker duties (often used inter-changeably and/or rotated into positions to give people breaks):
- Travel to and from sites across the province, although will try to hire local whenever possible
- Track (collect tickets from truck drivers) and control dump distances for various commodities being dumped on the road surface during construction (traffic gravel, sub-base, base and asphalt tickets)
- Track weigh scale tickets for various trucks (based on tare values) for loading and hauling of various commodities to the construction site (road surface or stockpile site)
- Summarize tickets (checkers into bundles for lots, for scalers into ticket envelopes for specific trucks and commodities)
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Graduation
- Current enrolment in or completion of related post secondary training (civil, construction, materials) would be a definite asset
- Preference given to those with previous experience in the construction industry
- Ability to read and record accurately weights and direct trucks to project sites
- Ability to carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to fulfill the requirements of a physically demanding job
- Ability to communicate clearly (spoken and written) in English
- Must be willing to work on remote sites
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.