Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The Sr. Electrical Engineer, at an advanced level, must have demonstrated knowledge of analog and digital electronics, programming, optics, signal processing, hazardous location instrumentation rules and industrial instrumentation system design and wiring practices. Will work individually and as part of a team. The team consists of product line engineers and managers in order to identify and enable product improvements, standardization, certification, etc. Perform manual and automated testing of company-developed products including software applications, embedded firmware, control systems, hardware, and system integration. Support management and perform various other duties and activities as assigned within the physical constraints of the job. Responsibilities
Responsible for design of new products and makes improvements to existing products. Performs complex tasks and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on precedent or professional judgment. Considerable latitude for unreviewed action. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters. Coordinates the work of others on projects and may assign work to and assist less experienced professionals or support staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Will be responsible for analysis, design, testing and documentation of:
- Weatherford's multiphase flow meters, including flow computer, and related instrumentation.
- Weatherford's water cut meters, including optics, electronics, and algorithms for the Red Eye products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry standards for documentation of complex electro-mechanical components and systems.
- Support ongoing factory operations with respect to flowmeter production, calibration, troubleshooting, etc.
- Sustaining work with product engineers and managers to identify and enable product improvements, standardization, certification, etc.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of:
- Firmware that runs inside of Flow Measurement hardware that uses one or more of the following: microcontrollers, DSPs, GPUs, FPGAs.
- Software that runs inside of Flow Measurement specific hardware running Microsoft Windows Embedded or Linux, etc. This code consists of product-specific calculations and algorithms.
- Software that runs on general purpose computers that provides product-specific tools used to support R&D, sales/quotations, manufacturing, quality assurance, and field support of Flow Measurement products.
- Hardware and code-related tasks to include:
- Conceptual high-level design and documentation.
- Detailed design and documentation.
- Coding and debugging of the approved detailed design.
- Validation testing of the hardware and code to demonstrate full compliance to the approved design.
- Engineer-to-Order support by providing design, analysis, and applications support for incoming orders and feasibility requests.
- Manufacturing / Supply Chain support by providing Material Review Board (MRB) support as needed for the electronics / electrical aspects of the product line as orders are processed through the factory and with WFT suppliers.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and WFT company policies.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures, and Workplace Instructions.
- Work assignments, including documentation of work, carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by manager within the physical constrains of the job.
- Minimum 3-7+ years related experience
- Must have Electical or Electronics Engineering Degree with computer focus, MSSE degree preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well individually and within a team environment; as well as, the ability to guide other team members; as required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and aspects.
- Familiarity with instrumentation & controls as used in an oilfield environment, onshore and offshore.
- Programming languages
- Java and Java Script
- Assembly language
- I/O interfaces
- Modbus RTU 485
- Modbus TCP/IP
- CanOpen (CAN more general)
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- 10+ or more years experience in electrical system design preferred.
- Knowledge of flow meter designs and electronics.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital electronics, optics, signal processing, and linear algebra.
- Working knowledge of applicable wiring and hazloc codes/standards common to the oil & gas industry.