Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for a 2-year contract in Edmonton, AB at their Strathcona Refinery.
- Support/assist the lab supervisors/chemists by performing routine and nonroutine laboratory analysis/wet chemistry on product and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance/control.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues.
- Prepare chemical stock solutions and reagents, as well as set preparation standards. Minimal work direction needed and is highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience with LIMS to compile and enter all data obtained from tests
- Maintain a clean and safe lab by doing regular housekeeping and LPSAs (Loss Prevention Self Assessments)
- Participate in TMAs (Test Method Assessments) and LPOs (Loss Prevention Observations) to ensure correct and safe test procedures
- Prepare laboratory equipment to conduct test
- Troubleshoot machines and/or redo analyses when test are OCC-out of control
- Perform various tests on different Fuel type, jet fuel, Gasoline and Diesel to ensure it is ready for downstream products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Polytechnic graduate with the background in Chemical/Process/Technical Engineering.
- Computer literate.
- Preferable experience in quality control systems.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.