Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Hydrogeologist based in either our Saskatoon and Regina offices to join our Assessment and Remediation (A&R) team.
You will be joining a growing international company, helping to shape our services in local markets, and executing challenging projects for our diverse clientele. A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. Come join a team that is committed to being a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
Reporting to the A&R Operations Manager and working collaboratively within the western Canadian Geotechnical, Environmental and Materials practice, your responsibilities may include but won't necessarily be limited to:
- Working with a team of dynamic Hydrogeologists and other professionals, including junior, intermediate and senior scientists/engineers to support Wood's hydrogeology, environmental engineering/reclamation, landfill engineering, infrastructure and contaminated sites practices.
- Managing and undertaking projects and technical studies in the field of physical and contaminant hydrogeology/hydrogeochemistry in support of development, contaminated site assessments, site remediation, water resources and others as appropriate.
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada or international locations.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies as required by each assignment.
- Participating in global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
- Liaising with universities, research groups and corporate technical experts in the application of innovative approaches to solving our client's problems.
- Supporting relationships with key clients.
- Providing direction under applicable Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Geological or Civil Engineering or Geological Science degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in engineering or geological sciences. A graduate degree would be considered an asset.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) in Alberta
- 7 years + direct consulting experience conducting hydrogeological investigations of various sites, water supply systems, well fields and/or contaminated sites.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of hydrogeology
- Expertise and knowledge of contaminant hydrogeology and/or aqueous geochemistry
- Groundwater flow and transport modelling experience would be considered an asset.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and hands-on training of intermediate and junior personnel, experience and formal training in environmental due diligence, contaminated site investigation, remediation, waste management, risk assessment or related technical areas.
- An effective communicator that thrives within a team environment.
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposal and other project deliverables.
- A strong desire to grow in your career with Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.