Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions Baton Rouge, LA office is in search of a Geologist or Engineer with 5-10 years of environmental experience to provide assistance and/or lead field sampling programs (groundwater sampling, soil boring advancement, monitoring well installation, and sampling), prepare Site Assessments documents following the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality's Risk Evaluation/Corrective Action Program and support facility compliance and permitting efforts .
- Coordinating field sampling events, including soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling events in various site settings.
- Performing oversight of drilling operations including soil boring advancement and the installation of groundwater monitoring wells and/or piezometers
- Preparing soil boring logs, monitoring well installation logs, and geologic cross sections
- Perform landfill and site inspections.
- Mentoring junior staff
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of proposals and technical reports, including compiling analytical data and preparing potentiometric maps
- Supporting various projects within environmental or water service lines (e.g., Water and Waste Permitting, Phase I/Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and wetland delineations)
- Daytime travel and overnight (up to a week or more) travel required, as needed
- Overtime may be required, as needed
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license, work outdoors in various weather conditions and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or Engineering is required
- Qualified to become licensed in the State of Louisiana ( Professional license preferred but GIT or EIT acceptable )
- Current OSHA 40-Hr HAZWOPER trainin g
- OSHA 8-hr Supervisor training preferred
- Ability to apply analytical/scientific thinking to define and solve problems
- Ability to execute field and office tasks and operate independently at times - specifically in field settings
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to work as part of a team, under general supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.