Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood Resilient Environments currently has an opportunity available for an Operations Manager to lead our Carolina's group. This is a senior management role within the Wood Operations structure, responsible for leading, growing and managing the business that services all major market sectors of our environment and infrastructure operations.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 20 years of experience in multi-disciplinary engineering consulting, with the last 5+ years spent in leading diversified operations. The position requires a diverse background with management experience that include a broad knowledge of public and private sector markets with a particular focus in the Carolina region. The candidate will have experience in and across a broad range of services that may include Civil, Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources, Facilities Design, Infrastructure and Transportation, Geotechnical and Environmental Consulting, Program /Construction Management, Construction Materials Testing and Environmental Remediation. This leader must have a high degree of integrity with a commitment to achieving corporate and regional goals and objectives. The selected individual will be a strong leader with a strategic, collaborative, client service focused outlook on business and a proven ability in business management.
- Lead a diversified practice that includes infrastructure, transportation, industrial/commercial and water sectors, offering consulting and engineering to local, state and federal consulting customers as well as clients operating in international markets.
- Plan and Lead Business Development activities focused on strategic growth markets and opportunities to drive sales, revenue and profit growth
- Provide a vision and be committed to inspiring and guiding the business to deliver profitable, safe and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Provide mentorship and guidance to local practice and discipline leaders to develop technical, project management, resource management and leadership skills
- Attract, recruit and retain key personnel through effective leadership and visibility in the Carolinas marketplace, looking to foster the long term success of the organization
- Take a collaborative approach, working across Wood offices, regions and divisions, as we grow and develop, bigger pursuits and initiatives
Strategic Thinking and Client Development
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Drive sales opportunities through entire spectrum of Wood E&IS services and champion cross-divisional approach
- Leverage technical resources and expertise of Wood divisions as well as Environmental and Infrastructure offices outside the Carolinas to increase market share
- Adapt to changing market conditions
- Develop, Manage, and Maintain External and Internal Client relationships
- Collaborate with other Wood Office Managers, lead several Service Line Leads and partner with the Central Region Manager
- Collaborate and consult with Wood Market Sector Leaders
- Oversee and direct activities of local Client Account Managers and communicate/collaborate with Client Account Managers from Wood operations outside Carolinas
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Earth Science with graduate degree considered an asset
- Successful track record for delivering consulting services with diverse public and private sector clients
- Knowledgeable and experienced in technical and business risk management through the promotion of highly quality services and contract negotiations
- Known in the Carolina market and skilled at working in a diverse environment
- Diversified experience by practice, technical discipline and client sector, known for sustaining long-term client relationships
- Proven track record as a successful P&L manager
- Skill and knowledge to successfully work with key clients in various sectors: commercial, infrastructure, transportation and/or environmental.
- Demonstrated success and experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, Business leaders, and team members
- Skilled at developing transformational, strategic plans consistent with the overall goals of the organization
- Proven effective teambuilding and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.