Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
The successful candidate will have experience as a HSE Coordinator preferably in the oil & gas industry. We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated professional to fill the role of HSE coordinator. The Safety Coordinator will support the operations and projects teams in their efforts to comply with the HSE regulations and corporate standards that drive Best-In Class performance and the attainment of Oil Sands Key Results. This position provides safety-related advice, supports work planning and execution activities, and assists with event management and follow-up.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, leads, and facilitates functional improvement initiatives/optimizations (technology, tools, systems) and supports the consistent application of the HSE Management System.
- Lead the management efforts in support of Safe Operations, develop communications as appropriate to achieve effective implementation and deliver these at site.
- Lead the development and execution of KPI-related initiatives within HSE and Operations.
- Support independent investigation of incidents & events using RCA (5 Why / Apollo) methods.
- Responsible for monitoring quality and accuracy of incident investigations, actions, and close outs.
- Partner collaboratively with peers to ensure consistent delivery of BU policies across all field/site activities and ensure aligned contractor engagement.
- Partner collaboratively with Government & Regulatory Affairs and Environmental Operations teams to ensure compliance with local policies and procedures.
- Support the effective implementation of new or updated systems & programs.
- Provides support for the development of HSE related training programs and works with site supervisors to integrate HSE Best Practices within site policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of JHA's (Job Hazard Analysis) and JSA's (Job Safety Analysis) as required - provides coaching and mentoring to enhance the effectiveness of FLHA (Field Level Hazard Assessment) activities.
- Champions the risk assessment and control program by helping to identify and implement effective methods and means of incident prevention, mitigation, and recovery.
- Supports and participates in HSE assurance activities including inspections, audits and related interactions with Owners, Vendors and Regulators.
- Participates in Emergency Response exercises and fulfills emergency response roles in the field and the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety and professional accreditation such as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation - equivalencies will be considered.
- 10 - 15 years of occupational and/or process safety experience in a heavy industry setting, preferably within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Expertise with provincial legislation, a working knowledge of industry best practices and proven experience with implementing HSE systems and practices that drive Best in Class performance.
- Strong sense of professionalism and purpose, with proven capacity for problem-solving and producing sustainable results through teamwork and individual effort.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and positively influence others.
- Professional Educator with bachelor's degree, minimum of 5-10 years' experience
- Will need to be able to build a curriculum, teach the curriculum to others as well as guide others to be able to then teach to others.
- Industrial experience is a plus.
- Human Behavior background is a plus.
- Advanced use of PowerPoint and Excel needed.
Location / Travel / Length of Contract:
- Rotation will be implemented and will be mandatory.
- This role is located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- The schedule will be a 15 x 13 rotation and will be back-to-back to another HSE Coordinator with a 1 day overlap for handover at site.
- Contract length - Permanent
All positions require background checks which could include:
- Criminal police record check
- Education verification
- Credential verification
All Safety Sensitive positions could include:
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Pre-access medical testing
- Drivers' abstract for last 3 years
- Completion of CSO (Common Safety Orientation) online course
We look forward to receiving your resume highlighting the details of your education and work history. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.