Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Site Process Engineer
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
The successful candidate will have experience as a Site Process Engineer preferably in the oil & gas industry. We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated professional to fill the role of Process Engineer. Reporting to the Team Lead, I&C Process Control, the preferred candidate will be based in Fort McMurray, AB and will work closely with Maintenance, Reliability & Outages team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide basic process control support utilizing Industrial Control & Safety System (ICSS) infrastructure by ensuring integrity of automation, stabilizing the process, and optimizing control functions within the safe operating envelope.
- Provide day to day support to resolve complex control system issues concerning operations and maintenance teams.
- Progress alarm management & control loop performance and service factor improvement initiatives.
- Design and Implementation of I&C engineering work packages following Management of Change (MOC) process for site changes and small projects in accordance with CNOOC and Supplier standards.
- Maintain relevant ICSS related documentation.
- Develop, execute, and maintains ICSS maintenance procedures.
- Report and steward on the ICSS key performance indicators.
- Develop detailed project scope, cost estimates and benefits to justify Process Control projects. Plan and execute justified projects on intent, budget and time.
- Support automation scope for small, capital projects including turn arounds for successful planning and execution.
- Design, implement and maintain process control applications to improve process efficiency and reduce operator intervention.
- Maintain and modify existing control system logic and graphic (HMI) templates in accordance with CNOOC and industry standards.
- Assesses the performance of alarm management systems, troubleshoots, and implements improvements and/or recommends fit for purpose corrective action.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are interested in hearing from candidates with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical/electrical/Instrumentation engineering and professional registration with APEGA or eligibility acceptable.
- Minimum 10 years of process control engineering experience in an operational setting with project team interaction. Exposure to advanced process control desired.
- Experience with Delta V DCS/SIS, MARK VI, Rockwell, Fieldbus, Device-net and AMS systems considered an asset.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and maintain flexibility in completing tasks in an ever-changing workplace.
- Experience and process knowledge of the following processes desired., Hydrotreating/ Hydrodesulphurization, Vacuum Distillation, Gas Treating and Sulphur Recovery, Thermal Conversion, Hydrocracking, Waste and Water Treatment Plants, Utilities.
Location / Travel / Length of Contract:
- Rotation will be implemented and will be mandatory.
- This role is located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- The work schedule will be 4 days on / 3 days off working 10 hours/day.
- Contract length - Permanent
All positions require background checks which could include:
- Criminal police record check
- Education verification
- Credential verification
All Safety Sensitive positions could include:
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Pre-access medical testing
- Drivers' abstract for last 3 years
- Completion of CSO (Common Safety Orientation) online course.
We look forward to receiving your resume highlighting the details of your education and work history. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found,
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.