Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Tax Advisor for a 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Undertakes a wide variety of tax compliance activities in support of the UK Tax Manager and provides advice on tax matters to the business, as appropriate.
- Provides advice to company on all UK tax matters.
- Working closely with other members of the Tax Department (particularly the Senior Tax Advisor as well as the Tax Manager), develops, maintains and executes tax return and preparation processes for Corporate Income Tax, Petroleum Revenue Tax and other taxes.
- Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, responsibility for preparing quarterly tax accruals and related accounting treatment.
- Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, assists with the preparation of the annual and quarterly tax budget / forecast.
- Assists with providing tax advice in relation to ongoing commercial and business development activities.
- Assists with tax audits (internal/external).
- Participates in, and supports, specialist Tax or wider Finance initiatives and projects.
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with Global business units, UK tax authorities, external advisors and joint venture partners.
- Degree level educated
- Relevant accounting qualification, preferably ICAS/ICAEW
- Strong tax background and experience, preferably gained within a large accountancy firm
- Experience of UK upstream taxation
- Substantial tax accountancy experience in accounting for current and deferred taxation - this is an essential requirement
- Excellent knowledge of UK tax legislation and conversant with all aspects of UK tax computations
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and tax software packages for tax return preparation
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships - at all levels - and to achieve a high level of professional and personal credibility
- Ability to demonstrate desire to develop tax career in UK oil and gas
- CIOT qualification - but not essential.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
- High level of Excel spreadsheet experience and skill
- Good report-writing skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills with ability to manage workload in a structured manner
- Self-motivated / Meets deadlines
- Analytical, good attention to detail
- Strong team player, good interpersonal skills.