Lead and manage the Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Team to achieve the desired goals and direction, be responsible for the maintenance, engineering and reliability of Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment at Methanex Egypt during normal operations, shutdowns and turnarounds, using the technical skills of the most competent internal and external personnel, maintenance best practices and systems in a cost-effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Employee and contractor compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards.
- Effectively communicate current activities and policies ensuring the health and safety of the team is maintained at all times.
- Lead and manage the Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Team in the attainment of organizational goals in an effective and efficient manner through planning, organizing, leading and controlling resources using the work management system, global maintenance planning policies, strategies, best practices and procedures to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Identify, allocate, and set-up required resources to implement maintenance activities (preventive, corrective, predictive, inspection, and performance monitoring)
- Demonstrate strong leadership in the "Management of Urgencies" for all site Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment and minimize any negative potential business impact. Utilize 24-hour coverage as required.
- Communicate seamlessly with other Teams (operations, other sites, etc.) to ensure plant vulnerability and reliability issues are responded to, investigated, and effectively resolved.
- Ensure Management of Change (MOC) System is embedded in all business activities as needed and all improvements / modifications to Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment are reported and managed following the requirements of the MOC Procedure.
- Establish and maintain procedures and work instructions to govern the execution of work in relation to Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment; procedures shall be oriented to safe and effective maintenance activities and mitigation of "human errors" due to lack of competence.
- Accountable for the utilisation of the document management system (Meridian) in managing company-controlled documents to ensure valid and credible information is used.
- Coordinate all activities and processes in the Work Management System as it relates to the Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Team including Planning, Materials Management, Field Execution and repair of repairable items.
- Set and continuously review Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment maintenance / inspection strategy, programs, and requirements in compliance with vendor recommendations, codes and standards, Maintenance Team strategy and best practices to ensure effective maintenance / inspection activities and optimum asset life cycle cost. Also ensure that all monitoring and measurement equipment is fit for purpose.
- Participate in incident investigations and lead efforts to determine root cause and ensure all required actions are completed in a timely manner. Ensure team learning from internal and external reliability incidents and apply effective and sound solutions and improvements to enhance Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment reliability.
- Ensure that the performance management process is consistently applied to all direct reports. Set expectations of KPIs for Team in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, monitor performance and develop, implement, and review action plans.
- Ensure all EIC maintenance activities are managed using the CMMS (MAXIMO) to keep continuous and valid records for all assets and participate in Maintenance Team strategy initiatives to optimize the utilization of the CMMS.
- Lead, plan and execute plant shutdown and turnarounds in accordance with the Outages Best Practice and the Turnaround Management System.
- Continuously ensure provision of Electrical, Instrumentation Control Equipment inventory at an optimum level - both operational and capital spares - by conducting spares review and order within approved budget to meet safe plant operating targets.
- Use statistical techniques for continuous improvement in collaboration with the Site Reliability Engineer.
- Lead the EIC CAPEX and OPEX processes within Maintenance and Engineering domains.
- 8-10 years' experience, five (5) of which should be in a leadership position. Experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Plant Operation is preferred.
- Evidenced experience in people management, contracts administration, project management and budgeting control is required.
- Experience in Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment engineering and projects.
- Proven experience in Electrical & Instrumentation Equipment troubleshooting and mitigation.
- Working knowledge of the application of relevant IEEE codes as it relates to Electrical and Instrumentation Equipment.
- Proven experience in managing a large group of Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisors, Foremen and Technicians during normal plant operation, outages and turnarounds.
- Proven experience in technical issues dealing with OEM equipment.
- Ability to complete Incident reporting on KMI, and Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to prepare and present written Material i.e., Project planning, work packs, work plans.
- Sc. Engineering, (Electrical ideally Communication, Power with the right experience may be considered).
- Proven technical knowledge in the design, application and maintenance of plant Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment maintenance & operations as well as applicable reliability concepts.
- Knowledge of Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Equipment maintenance strategies and standards.
- Project Management training evidenced by qualifications would be an asset.