About this job
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Process and Pipeline Services, In-line Inspection group is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join our team, reporting the Global Mechanical Engineering Manager.
This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross-discipline team working with state-of-the-art technologies in the energy industry. This hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations, as well as leadership responsibilities on product development projects as well as leading and mentorship responsibilities with team members.
The opportunity affords career growth within a dynamic and growing industry. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.As a Mechanical Engineering Manager you will be:
To be successful as a Mechanical Engineering Manager you will:
- Performing evaluation, design, analysis, test, and/or integration of individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adherence to business, industry and regulatory standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Providing technical leadership to direct team supporting assigned project(s), resolving technical issues and queries.
- Supporting/managing day-to-day leadership/mentoring to junior/intermediate engineers and designers within direct team.
- Performing engineering administrative tasks as required including creation and/or review/approval of test plans, reports and/or drawings.
- Managing tasks to meet technical requirements of assigned components, systems and/or project(s).
- Developing plans and resource estimates to complete project tasks or respond to product issues/problems.
- Leading and participating in technical and program design reviews.
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks for self and/or mechanical team members is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Have minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have Registered P.Eng. with APEGA in good standing.
- Have advanced technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2-D drafting), and Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
- Have demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Have demonstrated design ability of complex equipment incorporating design for reliability, manufacturability, maintenance, and operability fundamentals; adhering to formalized product development processes and compliance with standards, codes, and regulations; and verification and validation of specifications and requirements.
- Have demonstrated project management skills.
- Have self-sufficient, self-motivated, and able to work within an interdisciplinary and/or virtual team.
- Have Ability to manage multiple project tasks and be flexible to changing priorities while meeting scope, budget, and schedule.
- Have ability to lead/mentor a team of engineers and/or designers.
- Be proficient with MS Office.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge and application of global Codes and Standards applicable to the construction of inline inspection tools (ASME, CE, NACE, etc.).
- Have 10 yrs experience minimum (preferably within Pipeline Inline Inspection sector).
- Have 5-7 yrs supervisory or management experience
- Have Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Have practical experience in the above-mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Have machine design experience with complex equipment.
- Have experience with CREO, Solidworks, and Inventor.
- Have experience with ANSYS Mechanical, Fluent, and Motion.
- Have experience with Windchill.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Starting early / finishing early
Starting late / finishing late
Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
Comprehensive private medical care options
Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
Tailored financial programs
Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.