Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Logistics/Transportation Coordinator for a 2-year contract in Edmonton, AB.
The Logistics Coordinator/Transportation Coordinator is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the economical and efficient shipment of the Company's goods via the Procurement Supply Chain. The Logistics/Transportation Coordinator is responsible for performing daily tactical functions to meet ongoing transportation business needs including Coordination of third-party logistics service provider's activities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support Logistics Manager/Lead with Logistics and Materials Management expertise, interfacing with Contractor Logistics and Materials Management personnel
• Interface with and influence project operations disciplines to ensure logistics/materials management considerations are included in design and project plan
• Interface with procurement to understand and influence contracting, materials management, logistics plan for deliveries and customs procedures
• Develop an understanding of local transport and in-country logistics capabilities and capacities
• Develop logistics elements of bid requirements, monitor KPIs, and coordinate progress reporting and materials management requirements
• Familiarity with Logistics Contractors and resources in worldwide markets
• Coordinate process to pre-qualify, approve, and reevaluate Logistics Contractors
• Develop project and discipline specific work scope for Contractors
• Strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Logistics Contractors
• Interface with Logistics Manager/Lead and Construction to keep them informed of the qualifications and capabilities of relevant Contractors
• Interface with Contractors to ensure safety, quality, availability, and reliability of logistics execution
• Qualify and endorse Contractor equipment and services
• Identify, qualify, and endorse vendor support infrastructure
• General knowledge of local and national environmental and regulatory requirements
• Interface with other Logistics Coordinators, Leads, Advisors and project planning teams to understand and resolve logistics issues
Manage daily transportation load levels and inbound and outbound shipping and pickup schedules with the 3rd Party Service provider.
* Manage daily Outlooks and report all delay actions/reschedules and no shows
* Reports to company contacts any issues/concerns, continuous improvement notations, review shipping processes and recommend areas for improvement (route and process optimization)
* General daily reporting as required by business unit/location
* Work directly to support company's Business logistics needs and special requirements
* Expedite high priority (Critical) shipments
* Complete detention verification for payments to 3rd Party Service Providers
* Stay current on all required site specific safety training, maintain established safety procedures for shipping and receiving
* Report all SHE incidents / spills to Supply Chain Management
* Ensure 3rd Party Service providers are in compliance with business procedures and requirements.
* Monitor operations with regular KPI reviews
* Administer claims or operating issues at the third party logistic service provider are brought to sustaining resolution in a timely manner.
* May participate in contracts and payables activities such as handling invoice processing and payment
* Provide input and oversight of the Customs and INCOTERM processes where appropriate
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5-10 years' experience in logistics planning and execution, construction, safety, and procurement
• Preferred Business or Supply Chain degree BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical degree
• SAP or other ERP software an asset
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Willing to business travel (domestic)
*Working knowledge of the methods and principles for moving shipments (Truck Load, Less Than Truck Load, couriers, air freight, rail freight and ocean freight) including the relative costs and benefits of services provided.
* Ability to evaluate carrier service capabilities and performance to appropriately meet company needs while achieving the most cost efficient service available.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.