Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Wood's Albuquerque, New Mexico office has a career opportunity for a Water/Wastewater Engineer with a 7 - 10 years + of experience. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's, their enthusiasm, and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Wood provides an atmosphere in which individuals can grow their careers. We offer diversified and interesting clients and projects. We would love to have you join our team of hard-working, dedicated. welcoming and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
The primary focus of the position is project work for the development of engineering studies, technical reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/assistance related to water and wastewater infrastructure in the municipal and industrial markets. We have a talented staff and work in a friendly, flexible, positive, collaborative environment.
- Provide engineering services in support of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Water - resources planning and conservation, production (surface and ground), treatment, pumping, storage, and distribution utilities
- Wastewater - collection utilities, pumping, treatment, disposal, reuse, and regulatory compliance
- Aid clients with bidding, administrating construction, and observing construction.
- Manage projects including scope, budget, schedule, and resource loading.
- Guide and coordinate project teams, including collective goals of timeliness and technical quality of deliverables.
- Lead, train, and mentor junior staff.
- Provide and oversee services to clients from a variety of industries, backgrounds, and cultures. Secure client satisfaction with the product provided by Wood.
- Work In partnership with members of other Wood offices on large projects and regional pursuits.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients in New Mexico and surrounding states. Establish and build relationships with new clients. Procure new project assignments from both existing and new clients
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline; MS is a plus.
- New Mexico Professional Engineering registration (PE) or ability to obtain New Mexico registration within 6 months of hire.
- 7 - 10 years +of relevant experience in water and wastewater utilities and systems engineering.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Practiced at engineering small and large multi-disciplined water and wastewater projects, including the responsibility for client satisfaction, engineering quality and program success.
- Acquainted with strategic thinking for sustaining and growing a professional services organization.
- Experience assisting small/rural communities and Native American communities is a plus.
- Possesses the talent to build an efficiently working team from a group of individually talented professionals to obtain challenging goals. Possesses the desire to work hard at supporting personal and career goals of team members.
- Clear and concise, verbal, and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communications, coordinate meetings, conduct effective client and public presentations.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel to project sites across New Mexico and in surrounding states.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and physical, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.