Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting a Mechanical/Piping Lead with upstream O&G offshore commissioning experience. The location of this position will be Ingleside, TX.
"Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: support the project/client with the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned mechanical/piping systems as well as mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and handover.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Coordinators in executing systems tasks and activities, development and reporting.
- Support the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned mechanical/piping systems.
- Provide daily, on-site/ in-field leadership, execution coordination of a multi-discipline team of mechanical commissioning technicians.
- Interact with Engineering and Operations teams for input and draw from past experience/ knowledge when executing procedures.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub System packages from Construction.
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub Systems / Systems.
- Prepare job cards for Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning activities.
- Work with project HSE leadership to develop appropriate Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) for the mechanical commissioning team and for commissioning activities.
- Ensure Technicians' work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner and in accordance with the site procedures and PTW system.
- Read, interpret, and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Identify personnel and equipment resources necessary to perform mechanical commissioning activities for assigned systems.
- Requisition parts and supplies and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Support Coordinator in management of mechanical vendor during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems.
- Liaise with CMS Custodian ensuring integrity of database, amendments, Punch Lists and documentation, reports progress /status.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on mechanical and process systems.
- Analyze work problems and make corrections, which will facilitate the completion of assignments.
- Read, understand, and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments.
Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of commissioning offshore facilities is required including:
- Commissioning and Start-up of process and utility systems
- Fluent and expert in reading and interpreting P&ID's, Piping Isometrics and Production Flow Diagrams
- Millwright, piping and workshop knowledge
- Gas compression equipment
- Rotating equipment
- Process flow equipment, gas and oil pipeline systems
- Operations and maintenance of production facilities
- Leak testing (HeN)
- Lube oil flushing, chemical flushing of production systems
- Report writing and records maintenance
- Permit to Work System
- Occupational hazards, standard safety procedures and safe work practices
Education and Experience:
Proven background, typically 10 years minimum Oil & Gas Completion and Commissioning activities in a Lead Technician or Engineer's role, preferably with onshore/offshore upstream experience. Proven Supervisory experience in a Commissioning role in mechanical, piping or rotating equipment. Proficient written and oral English language communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.