Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Marine Operations Focal Point for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Delivers safe, cost effective, efficient Marine service for operated assets, projects and exploration activity.
- To gain a sound understanding of Safety procedures, Systems and Cultures and specifically how this is translated and applied into the marine operations environment.
- Assist with the daily management of all PSV, ERRV and AHV vessels.
- Arrange and coordinate chartering of spot hire vessels.
- Participate in regular vessel visits.
- To gain a sound understanding of the various function's logistics undertake to support the business, including Air Operations.
- Participate as a member of the Emergency Response support to the Logistics/Operations team and must be available 24 hours when on call.
- When required, attend operations, drilling and project meetings on behalf of logistics.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of budget preparation and cost control.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Invoice verification and processing.
- Undertake occasional offshore visit and vessel sailings.
- Assist with the management of marine vessel assurance.
- Ensure marine activities comply with Maritime Regulations and legislation.
- Assist with Shuttle Tanker vetting and inspections.
- Manages and develops PSV vessel operations and pooling arrangements.
- Provides support in relation to specialist Marine requirements e.g. rig moves.
- Liaises with industry groups e.g. UKOOA, Marine Safety Forum, and interfaces with regulatory bodies and other offshore stakeholders.
- Complies with industry guidelines and supports any new Safety initiatives.
- Assist with raising the necessary PO's for third party contractor work.
- Proven relevant experience in a marine logistics environment
- IT literate - Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to build and maintain credibility within departments and the outside organisation,
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
- Full UK driving license
- Marine operations background/experience in the UK Oil & Gas industry
- Ability to build and manage budgets and manage spend and costs
- Significant practical, relevant experience of working within a team including working with Contractors
- Ability to build and maintain credibility within departments and the outside organisation
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results
- IT literate: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in an Emergency response role
- OGUK Aviation knowledge
- Willingness and ability to travel offshore to all assets in the North Sea