Electrical Operations Manager (Charge d'Exploitation Electrique)
ORGANISATION (Department & Sub-department)
OFFSHORE - OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE - SITE OPERATIONS
BUSINESS LINE MANAGER (Recruiting Manager): O&M Package Manager MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (MANDATORY)
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE. JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Electrical Operations Manager will manage the operation and maintenance activities of the transmission and site assets - offshore substation, inter-array cables & wind turbines and will ensure electrical safety from the system though the application of the French Legal requirements in the framework of IBR Electro Mechanical Safety Rules (EMSRs) whilst ensuring that the operational performance is maximized through minimizing outages.
During the pre-operational phase, the Electrical Operations Manager will be working alongside the commissioning team to get first hand knowledge on the plant and procedures, as well as leading the preparation of the O&M phase from a transmission and site assets electrical O&M point of view.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The individual will during the pre-operational phases:
- Join the commissioning team to support the commissioning phase.
- Gain electrical authorizations up to 225kV under the IBR EMSRs.
- Build strong links with RTE and project stakeholders.
- Support tendering processes and ramp-up of contractors at site.
- Support discussions with RTE in preparation for the operational setup.
- Lead the development of additional documentation and processes in relation with the management of operations required for the operational setup.
- Support the process for the different Site Team profiles to gain the required levels of authorization.
- Work with O&M service providers to plan and prepare works for the operational phase
During the operational phase:
- Lead and implement the IBR safety culture and values maximising offshore H&S performance through strict adherence to and application of IBR safety rules.
- Management of offshore transmission assets.
- Interface with RTE, Traders, IBR control centres to manage the grid and ensure compliance with grid code.
- Lead High Voltage Safety Rules monthly meetings and authorization panels.
- Manage the authorisation process of all persons under the IBR EMSRs.
- Perform the role of Charge de Consignation at voltages up to 225kV.
- Ensure optimum availability of the site through effective outage planning and management which minimises the duration of any outages.
- Ensure that local management instructions, relevant codes of practice and the EMSRs are implemented
- Prepare switching schedules for maintenance tasks, installation work, fault location and repair where required.
- Manage and coordinate daily activities and performance of OEM's and subcontractors
- Organise and execute HV switching, isolation, earthing, identification of the point of work and issue of safety documentation duties on HV networks up to 225kV.
- Perform, update and maintain site risk assessments.
- Review third party contractor risk assessments and method statements to ensure these are comprehensive and fulfil necessary requirements
- Supervise and monitor the performance of equipment OEM's and other contractors for the offshore substation maintenance.
- Prepare periodic maintenance reports of serviced assets to highlight performance trends to identify issues and make recommendations on corrective actions
- Support the O&M Site Manager and the Deputy Site Manager in the management of electrical equipment service and maintenance contractors.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Manage O&M activities for offshore substation, inter array cables, WTGs.
- Manage and coordinate service contractors.
- Manage and coordinate Charge de Consignation and Control Room Operators.
- Lead implementation of French regulations in the framework of the IBR electromechanical safety rules.
- Prepare, plan and manage switching operations.
- Interface with RTE.
- Shall work to a rota with others, including being ‘on call' to enable IBR with 24/7 coverage for obligations with RTE including response times to RTE
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Site Operations team across Europe.
- O&M Back office and Asset Integrity teams.
- Construction, commissioning teams
- H&SE teams.
- Project services teams
- IBR Control Centres
- Service providers- WTG, BoP, OSS, vessels.
- Traders, RTE.
- Local stakeholders
- Other operators
KEY DIMENSIONS (Budget / Resources managed - internal and external)
- Responsible for the safety of personnel operating under IBR HV switching operation procedures prepared and issued.
- Responsible for the electrical operation of the site consisting of 62 turbines and an offshore substation.
- Responsible for the supporting the Deputy site Manager in the effective utilisation of HV operations OpEx budget of c.?2M per annum.
- Manage and coordinate Operations and Maintenance activities to ensure the highest production/availability.
- Monitor third party contractors to ensure compliance with the EMSRs.
Degree in Electrical Engineering. Ingenieur Genie Electrique.
- Extensive knowledge in management of operation & maintenance of power plants and/or networks.
- Experience in planning and executing High Voltage operations.
- Experience as operations electrical manager, commissioning manager.
- Experience in use of control & SCADA.
- Experience in electrical protections & control.
- Hold valid authorisations for HV operations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Electrical engineering
- Knowledge of French regulations and standards - NF C18-510; NF EN 50110-1; NF C18-505-1; NF C18-505-1; NF C 18-5050-2-2.
- Habilitation Electrique H2V, H2N, HC, HE / B2V, B2N, BC, BE.
- Substations, HV equipment, HVAC, FIFI systems.
- Wind Turbines.
- Control and Protection & SCADA systems.
- High voltage operation regulations.
- Understanding of Emergency Response procedures and planning
- Highly developed communicator and influencer with the ability to do so at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Highly motived and proactive approach to work.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent project management, planning and organisation skills
- IT literate and embraces new technology and their benefits
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and make commercially sound decisions whilst under pressure without compromising safety.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.