Would you like the opportunity to work in a dynamic innovative role? Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our Manufacturability & Risk Engineering Team inside Innovation Engineering!
Our Team leads all Manufacturability and Feasibility assessments, technology development and industrialization on all main New Products Development programs inside Turbomachinery & Process Solutions organization. We are responsible for assuring Technology Injection on new and existing products, linking Supply Chain capabilities with Design requirements. Innovation is our core and sustain technological development in our products is our main priority.
As a Lead Manufacturability Engineer you will assure the Manufacturability of all the critical components associated to product, system, sub-system and part development in accordance with program schedule, costs, quality, reliability, and performance requirements, covering a bridging role between Product Platform and Supply Chain functions.
You will look at the product from a systemic perspective taking care of influencing design decisions considering all the producibility aspects, technology capabilities and cost competitiveness.
You will support the new technology transition towards the Supply Chain, and you will lead the industrialization of newly launched products.
As a Lead Manufacturability Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Translating product requirements into producibility features, orienting technical choices leveraging on new technologies and supporting the assessments on materials, process capabilities and costs
- Approving preliminary designs or recommending modifications based on cost constrains and capabilities of main conventional and non-conventional manufacturing technologies
- Support the Make vs. Buy decisions considering the impacts on costs, quality, risks and technology development
- Define, in conjunction with technology experts, the preliminary manufacturing process sequence of each design solution and assess the associated process performance and cost
- Driving execution of all the Industrialization activities impacting productivity of all new products
- Leading the execution of all the laboratory operations on prototypes and/or mockups needed for product, system, sub-system and component validation s
- Leading the Manufacturability Reviews according to product development plan and issue the Manufacturability report
- Working in a matrix environment assuring link and communication among functions (Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, Sourcing)
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Master's degree from an accredited University in Mechanical Engineering, Management or Industrial Engineering, Chemical or Environmental Engineering
- At least 5 years of work experience in an Engineering or Supply Chain role in an Industrial Environment with specific experience in product design or manufacturing/technology
- Prior experience with specific focus on managing complex technical projects and/or developing new products or technologies
- Full professional proficiency in English and Italian and proven working experience in a global environment
- Proven ability in coordinating multi-functional teams
- Problem-solving attitude to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Have strong leadership, great interpersonal capabilities, empathy, influencing abilities and good presentation and decision-making skills
- Strong positive attitude, teamwork capabilities, ambition and passion for performance
- EU Work Permit
Following characteristics will be considered as a plus in selection process:
- PhD in Engineering
- Proven experience with Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement tools; Six sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Strong systems thinking capabilities; INCOSE Certification
- Specific proven competence in Supply Chain; APICS Certification
- Project Management skills and experience; IPMA or PMI Certification
- Specific knowledge of TPS products and, technologies as well as capabilities of the competition
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.