Sr. Project Engineer Responsibilities:
The role of the project engineer (PE) can often be described as that of a liaison between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. The PE is responsible for managing the overall engineering deliverables, including planning/scheduling, budgets, change management, progress reporting, and coordination with various disciplines.
Working within the APM (Asset Performance Management) team, collaborating with an integrated team of Project Managers & SME's across multiple sites & facilities, the PE will focus on the following:
- Interfacing with an integrated team to work collaboratively within the company, the engineering contractor, site, construction, operations, vendors and other project stakeholders
- Provide support and assistance to the site & construction teams during field execution, some travel to site may be required
- Review documents developed by the engineering contractor against both the company and the applicable industrial standards.
- Support the project teams with drawing and data retrieval from Livelink, eB and SAP
- Assist Project Managers with:
- Developing & monitoring scopes of work
- Developing and updating project schedule, cost estimates and cost control
- Facilitating project, construction, & risk management meetings
- Project progress reporting assisting in status updates updating actions, issues and risks logs
- RFQ & RFI documentation from the engineering contractor, sites & construction teams
- MOC implementation and updating
- Organizing project meetings & completing minutes of meetings between both internal and external parties
- Strong verbal & written skills in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaboratively interact with others.
- Ability to effectively work with personnel at multiple sites while based in Calgary
- Understanding of project controls, reporting and KPIs
- Experience reading /understanding technical documents, company & industry standards including P&IDs, SLDs, network diagrams, material & purchase requisitions
- Experience with engineering project deliverables and stage gate project execution phases
- Knowledge of engineering terms, design requirements, processes and document types
- Experience in execution of small or sustainable projects in a brownfield environment
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Engineering or applied science degree.
- Preference for Technical Diploma or degree related to Instrumentation and controls or significant past EPC work experience in this field
- Experience in I&C projects; wireless instrumentation experience would be a plus
- P.Eng. registration with APEGA
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience and familiarity with corporate business & processes
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.