Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical EIT(s) to join our Alberta Geotechnical Team in Calgary, AB.
The position will entail providing support to several geotechnical/geological engineers and projects in a variety of geotechnical practice areas, in a combination of analytical, technical, field/lab and reporting. The position will provide opportunities for both office and field/lab work. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Compile information from geotechnical/geological reports and published documents, and evaluate and/or analyze the compiled information
- Perform increasingly complex field sampling observations and data collection assignments and support/complete engineering designs
- Progress into project management of assignments that may include conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of geotechnical investigations
- Work in a range of practice areas that include geohazard and routing studies, stability assessments, heavy industrial foundations and infrastructure, tunneling, dams, mining, tailings and/or geo-environmental projects
- Maintain and develop internal and client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in geotechnical, geological, or civil (materials) engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Masters degree an asset
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Preferred 1-3 years industry experience since graduation in providing practical geological/geotechnical engineering services relevant to a variety of sectors (petrochemical, mining, transportation, civil municipal, commercial, resource industries, utilities, building structures)
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Ability and desire to build and supervise in a challenging local/regional market consulting practice
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.