Posted: Oct 05, 2021
Posted: Oct 05, 2021
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Structural Project Manager to join our Infrastructure group based in Burlington/ Richmond Hill, Ontario.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of design and construction management projects related to multi discipline engineering services. Additionally the incumbent will be involved in identifying new business opportunities with existing clients in the public and private sectors.
This position will offer an excellent career development opportunity for someone who has current experience in management of projects, technical staff and client liaison, and wishes to be involved in the growth and development of our business operation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Structural engineering design and construction industry working and leading with multidisciplinary teams. Wood has extensive, long standing experience with provincial government and municipal government clients and you would be working with staff members that are well respected in the industry with in-depth knowledge of the municipal engineering sector. Wood also provides the opportunity to interact and work with many other technical experts from other regions, as required, to support our municipal infrastructure group.
- Management of project budgets, schedules, and client deliverables
- Manage the planning and design work for civil and municipal infrastructure projects
- Manage and supervision of technical staff
- Willing and able to perform the structural design work as necessary by the project needs.
- Oversee the preparation and review of construction contracts, plans, specifications, and tender documents
- Liaise with contract administration and construction inspection staff
- Preparation of proposal documents
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Identification and development of new business opportunities
- Overseeing Project safety, quality, planning, budget, schedule, cost control, engineering, procurement, construction commissioning
- Coordinating project team members and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of transmission and substation projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Relationship management of project stakeholders including:
- owner's clients, financiers, owners and bankers engineers
- joint venture partners
- project team
- suppliers subcontractors
- regulatory authorities
- other project stakeholders
- Acting as a professional resource for the successful completion of multiple challenging transmission and distribution projects
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client's needs and comply with all applicable regulations
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Gathering up to date information attend project sites, meeting with clients and constantly monitoring work performances throughout the project life cycle
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc.in Civil Engineering and Professional Engineering designation in the Province of Ontario
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience including structural design is preferred
- Registered Professional Engineers Ontario
- Registered with or eligible to register as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with public sector transportation clients
- Proven project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Experience in Transit infrastructures including Bus, LRT, Subway stations as well as transit maintenance facilities
- Design experience in:
- Analysis of structures,
- design of structural elements
- preparation of IFT and IFC packages
- Design and Construction Scheduling
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and Revit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and with others on multiple projects
- Work as part of a multi-discipline design team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.