The Additive Manufacturing Engineer (AME) leads the creation, evaluation, and implementation of end-to-end manufacturing solutions for key design features on BH products. She/He ensures our manufacturing solutions meet our product quality, cost, yield, capacity, schedule, and environmental goals.
The person shall have the skills to lead development, improvement, and usage of materials related to Additive Manufacturing. The person shall have a deep knowledge on metal 3D printing systems, Powder metallurgy, binding systems, HIP processes and polymeric systems. The position requires strong technical and leading skills to take charge on development projects releasing BH TPS components in a production environment. It's expected experience in manufacturing post processes as milling, Tumble finishing, heat treatments, and workshop operation. She/He shall collaborate with Global Supply Managers and BH suppliers to align on a manufacturing development strategy with clear goals, expectations, and schedules.
The position requires to communicate ongoing process development status to functional teams and lead discussions to align design requirements with manufacturing capability.The person shall have the following skills & title:
- Mechanical Engineering MS or PhD
- 3+ years using CAD and CAM tools for build preparation in support of 3D printed metal component production
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical product development, manufacturing engineering, tooling engineering, high precision fabrication, or similar roles
- 2+ years using Topology optimization tools on metal production components
- High recommended design experience on heat transfer for heat exchangers or gas turbine components
- Utilizes a hands-on approach to engineering and problem-solving
- Demonstrates commitment and tenacity; a self-starter who learns quickly and adapts to find new solutions in the face of adversity
- Able to apply core principles of Design of Experiment, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and Statistical Process Control
- Identify and validate suitable fabrication equipment and processes to meet all BH design and operational requirements
- Develop and document processes including all parameters, consumables and secondary operation requirements to meet defined specifications
- Knowledge in additive design software for manufacturability, CAD/FEM design tools, additive manufacturing processes (not powder bed), turbomachinery design
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.