Skills: Technical Writing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Technical Author to join their Management Systems team for a 3 month contract, located in Aberdeen.
To carry out technical authoring activities on management system documentation (standards, processes, procedures etc).
- Work with subject matter experts to incorporate best practice to management systems documents, in accordance with Company quality standards and specifications
- Apply Plain English and Human Factors standards to updated documents to ensure that they are clear, understandable and appropriate to the target audience
- Carry out quality control checks on the content of updated documents (including structure, format, style, spelling, grammar and consistency)
- Publish approved documents online and in hard copy (where appropriate) and communicate to relevant stakeholders within the business
- Work with Document Owners and others in the business to explain and guide them through the various document management processes
- Maintain records and audit trail in accordance with in-house processes
- Experience in authoring of documentation for the oil and gas industry
- Experience in proofreading, copyediting and the application of Plain English
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisational and administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint (or similar electronic document management system)