Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Wood is looking to recruit proactive and enthusiastic Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) graduates although other grades may be considered. Our team delivers EIAs for a wide range of high-profile projects across a variety of sectors, many of which are the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. These include: Nuclear New Builds; Transport (HS2, East West Rail); Renewables (onshore and offshore wind farms, solar and hydro energy schemes); grid connection and urban regeneration projects, projects that enable new sustainable collocated technologies such as green hydrogen production and battery storage, amongst others.
The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to our reputable and successful team as part of a global community unlocking the world's big challenges for a cleaner, fairer, healthier tomorrow.
As an Assistant Consultant in the EIA team, you will provide support to managing and delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of clients. You will assist in coordinating and providing technical input into EIAs, as well as undertaking broader environmental management tasks for a variety of projects. A typical week might include assisting project managers in the coordination of a site selection report for an offshore wind farm, communicating with our team of technical specialists to understand assist in the development of mitigation measures on a project, assisting in the implementation in the latest approaches to digital EIA, co-ordinating land access required to undertake EIA surveys such as archaeological investigations, contributing to a stakeholder engagement strategy, assisting with finalising an Environmental Statement ready for submission.
You will be part of a dynamic, enthusiastic and supportive EIA team and will experience a challenging, but fulfilling, working environment; part of a team of highly experienced and reputable EIA practitioners who will ensure your personal development.
If you are looking to work on EIA projects that are going to define the future and speak to the needs of tomorrow, if you want to work for a progressive, digitally enabled company that will allow you to grow and reach your goals in a supportive, inclusive family environment - then we want to hear from you.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Relevant post graduate experience, working in a similar position within the UK or a jurisdiction with a comparable environmental planning system
- An ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written work with a high level of computer literacy, in particular Microsoft office
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety excellence
- Experience (or an interest) in assisting in the undertaking of specialist environmental surveys (for example ecology surveys, noise surveys or air quality monitoring) on an ad hoc basis
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to travel to client locations across the UK and, if necessary, internationally A sound understanding of relevant UK environmental and planning legislation, particularly in the field of EIA Postgraduate qualification in environmental science / planning or a related field
- Practical knowledge of some (or all) of the technical disciplines required for an EIA;
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or another professional association
Why work for Wood?
You'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll feel proud to be part of the team. You will be a part of a strong, global company shaping the future of the world's oil & gas, chemicals, renewables, environment & infrastructure, power & process, and mining markets.
Inclusion and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our aim is clear. To continue to create a great working environment where everyone can be themselves and achieve their full potential; we want our employees to feel comfortable to bring their whole self to work and ensure we all have a safe space to do this.
At Wood, we will take your professional development very seriously - we want you to fulfil your potential and make a significant contribution to the EIA team. You will have ongoing and structured career development, working with some of the best EIA practitioners in the UK. For more information on early careers at Wood: Early Careers | Wood Careers (woodplc.com) .
- An industry competitive salary
- Excellent flexible benefits package including an attractive company pension contribution and private medical cover
- We offer flexible working options to align with your own circumstances
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days of holiday
- Paid professional annual membership
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.