Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Contract Analyst in Austin, TX . Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Participating in the strategic sourcing process for high value high risk contracts
- Negotiate legal and commercial terms to achieve optimal business results
- Evaluate proposals with business partner to identify the best solution instead of the ideal technical solution or lowest price, and draft proposals to Supply Chain and Business Partner management
- Identify key contract risks and the associated mitigation strategies
- Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies and procedures
- Work with business partners to understand business needs/ requirements and define Supply Chain services needed to address these needs/requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners, keeping them fully informed of changes to specification/terms of service with a particular supplier/contractor
- Develop working relationships that motivate suppliers/contractors to deliver required level of service and to facilitate the speedy and effective resolution of issues, as needed
- Apply industry knowledge and use available tools to offer alternative approaches/solutions where other 'fit for purpose' options do not exist
- Plan and schedule work activities, within prescribed parameters
- Robust understanding of financial indicators and ability to perform sound economic analysis (e.g., ROI, cash flow analysis, lease vs. buy, micro economics)
- Implementing and interpreting contract policies and procedures
- Designing and implementing contract processes, tools and templates
- Facilitate alternative dispute resolution and conflict resolution techniques to resolve conflicts with vendors.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2-3 Years' experience on contracts and supply management in oil and gas production and/or exploration preferred
- Knowledge of oil and gas production operations ( i.e. Drilling & Completions) a plus
- Contract and strategic supply chain management experience in oil and gas production and/or exploration at senior level with a broad scope
- Knowledge of contract law
- Proven contract negotiation experience
- A university degree in a supply chain management, legal or related field
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.