Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer (contract) on a agency basis for 6 months work. In this role, you will be responsible for producing adequate specifications, data sheets, calculations, drawings, and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement of electrical equipment packages and their subsequent installation, commissioning and safe operation. The role will be based in Reading.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently and have demonstrable experience in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering, including brownfield projects.They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Electrical scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Produce designs for Electrical systems and equipment
- Generation of project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required to meet stated project requirements
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Electrical project team and other discipline teams, Client representatives and other third parties as required
- Maintain co-ordination of design information with Electrical Designers for ongoing design issues
- Represent the Electrical discipline internally and externally as required
- Follow discipline and project working procedures
- Assist in developing bids for new work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Oil and gas sector engineering experience (or Chemical Industry as appropriate)
- Preferably a Member of the Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Familiarity with quality management systems in engineering design
- Experienced with Detail Design - Brownfield / Modifications projects
- Ability to develop subcontract requisitions where applicable
- Power Systems Design experience, including Generation Plants and HV / MV substations
- High Voltage Equipment and Transmission System experience
- Experienced with Protection Systems and Relay Coordination Studies
- Familiarity with Electrical DCS / SCADA systems and Power Management Systems
- Capability to deliver major projects
- Previous experience of working with ARAMCO
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.