Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Control Systems Engineer (contract). In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets. The role will be for 6 months plus based in Reading.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently and have demonstrable experience in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering, including brownfield projects. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Control Systems scope of the project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Design, implementation, installation and commissioning of Control Systems for oil and gas facilities
- Provide Control Systems & Automation Expertise
- Define Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design
- Lead technical aspects of Control Systems & Automation project design and / or implementation
- Apply integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Lead the configuration, database and / or programming activities
- Resolve speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree
- Field Instruments and Control System background experience
- Experienced with Detail Design - Brownfield / Modifications projects
- Experience of working to customer specifications and international standards
- Technically astute and conversant with the lasted advances in technology
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technical correct to the required standard and schedule
- Ability to develop subcontract requisitions where applicable
- Experience in a similar role within the contractor environment is essential
- Prior experience reviewing and approving Engineering Deliverables
- Capability to deliver major projects from specification through hardware and instrumentation design, control, safety and fire and gas applications design and definition to networking and interface solutions using multiple different DCS and SCADA / PLC solutions
- Experience of working with various communication networks, such as Profibus, DeviceNet, Modbus RTU / TCP, EtherNet / IP etc.
- HEXAGON Smart Instrumentation (SPI) experience highly valuable
- Previous experience of working with ARAMCO
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.