Posted: Oct 05, 2021
Posted: Oct 05, 2021
Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Crane Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Role Title: Crane Equipment Engineer / Maintenance Specialist
- The Maintenance Specialist ~ Mechanical Handling Equipment, will report to the Lifting Engineer.
- They will be the focal point for all maintenance activities related to pedestal cranes and mechanical handling equipment.
- This will include all maintenance planning, performance, and execution support to sites across Production & Operations to ensure mechanical handling equipment reliability & availability is maximized to ensure safe, repeatable, compliant and efficient lifting operations.
- They will Identify maintenance risks, intervene and escalate potential issues before they impact safety or business performance.
- They will also facilitate and drive continual improvement to maintenance strategies, maintenance metrics, trending & reporting to close gaps and maximise opportunities.
- Identify mechanical handling maintenance risks, intervenes & escalates potential issues before they impact safety or business performance
- Consolidates and collates mechanical handling maintenance performance data from across P&O.
- Works in partnership to cause corrective actions to deliver efficiency gains without compromising safety, risk management and compliance
- Implementation, integration & improvement of maintenance strategies and implementation programmes
- Identifies equipment criticality
- Provides 'flow to work' SME support to emergent maintenance activities where approved by the Senior Lifting Engineer
- Performs duties of mechanical handling equipment owner, related to maintenance strategies and equipment performance
- Provides lifting equipment integrity, from initial purchase specification through equipment's life cycle
- Provides deep technical support across P&O and confirms regulatory requirements and all relevant maintenance standards are applied
- Endorsement of lifting plans, prepared by others
- Verifies competency of maintenance personnel and contractors performing mechanical handling maintenance related activities
- Provides direction and SME support to maintenance related learnings and investigations
- Significant experience of pedestal crane maintenance, including preventative maintenance routines, work deferrals, work execution & work prioritisation
- Significant experience and understanding of pedestal crane systems, including PLC systems, hydraulics, hoist winches, pumps, motors, hoist ropes, diesel engines, instrumentation and control/safety systems
- Significant relevant experience and proven track record in mechanical handling maintenance activities associated with major offshore operating production facilities
- Relevant experience of offshore pedestal crane operations.
- Significant relevant knowledge of pedestal crane and lifting national and international legislation, regulations, standards and practices
- Relevant experience of lifting equipment purchase, testing, inspection and maintenance.
- Relevant understanding of performance standards and barrier health
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.