Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Senior Environmental Project Manager in our Carolinas operation with experience in consulting, selling, managing, designing and implementing environmental multi-media assessment and remediation programs for a variety of clients in the Industrial, Government, Energy, and Transportation sectors. Wood has a strong platform to build from allowing the selected candidate to grow professionally while contributing across our multiple service lines across the Carolinas and throughout the company. Wood's Carolina's operation provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences including environmental assessment and remediation, geotechnical engineering, construction inspection, forensic structural assessment, civil engineering, and materials testing services.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to work directly with Clients and manage key account projects and programs. The individual will support market strategy development, mentor junior staff, and provide project technical review in their area of technical expertise. The candidate can be located in any of our Carolina locations with a preference towards our Charlotte or Durham branches. We have other locations in Asheville and Wilmington North Carolina and Columbia, South Carolina.
- Perform project management, client account management
- Develop and implement project strategy for assessment and remediation programs
- Provide oversight, mentorship and direct the efforts of staff- and project-level professionals
- Assist with developing new work to support the team
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Successfully interact with other Principal and Senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and
budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering or Geological Sciences required; MS in related field a plus
- Professional Engineering or Geologist license in North Carolina and/or South Carolina
- 15+ years related environmental remediation experience
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with, mentor, and direct scientists, engineers and technicians
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Candidate should have experience with CERCLA, RCRA, and/or NC/SC State Programs
- Create effective conceptual site models that guide site assessment and remediation towards
- Experience with remedy construction, remedial performance evaluation, and operation and
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver's license and
satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.