Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Environmental Advisor for a 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Provides specialist advice and support on environmental matters to the Company.
- Provides support to the Environmental Lead and other HSSEQ team members in ensuring the effective delivery of the Company's environmental strategy.
- Ensures the environmental aspects of the Management System are regularly audited and updated.
- Acts as a key focal point for environmental issues for dedicated functions.
- Builds and maintains highly effective relationships with the Offshore HSE Advisors and Medics, working closely with the HSSE Department to help bridge the off/onshore gap.
- Advises on the implementation of current and emerging regulatory and Requirements.
- Monitors compliance with permit conditions e.g. OPPC, ETS/PPC, chemical permits, radiation authorisations etc.
- Manages elements of the EMS (Environmental Management System).
- Contributes to ISO14001 certification and compliance activities.
- Contributes to the preparation and delivery of the HSSEQ department plans.
- Maintains effective relationships with Regulators and Government Agencies e.g. OPRED, OSDR, Marine Scotland, SEPA, JNCC.
- Participates in offshore platform visits as required.
- Maintains an overview of UK environmental performance, including emissions, discharges, and incidents and provides data to Asset and Operations teams as required.
- Contributes to relevant environmental risk assessments, responses and controls including the identification of Major Environmental Incidents (MEIs).
- Reviews and maintains Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPS).
- Supports Asset, Department and HSSEQ teams with the delivery of relevant campaigns.
- Reviews and provides input into annual environmental KPI's.
- Undertakes permit applications and variations and maintains environmental content of authorisations, permits & consents register.
- Manages external resources as required e.g. environmental consultants, certification bodies etc.
- Conducts environmental incident investigations, where appropriate.
- Co-ordinates offshore compliance audits and reviews and monitors delivery of plans.
- Promote and disseminate successful environmental practices to the business.
- Attends relevant external events e.g. Oil & Gas UK Meetings, EEMS workshops, OPRED meetings, as required.
- Provide ad hoc support to the IMT in the event of an environmental incident, if required.
- Takes the lead in preparation and submission of the annual environmental statement to OPRED.
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or similar qualification
- BOSIET / MIST
- Working knowledge of the HSSE requirements within the UKCS regulatory regime
- Proven environmental-related experience in the oil and gas or similar industry
- Good communication, co-ordination and facilitation skills with the ability to make decisions.
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level
- Up to date knowledge of UK practice and environmental law and their impacts
- First-hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry
- Degree qualified in an Environmental subject area
- Ability to travel offshore
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence at all levels across the organisation
- Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results
- Ability to advise and support on wider HSE related matters
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.