Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Designer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Design and mark - up drawings as appropriate (e.g. substation layouts, lighting, earthing etc.) to a suitable level of detail
- Comment on other discipline documents
- Produce MTO and bulk material requisitions and prepare technical bid evaluations
- Ensure design quality, technical content and technical accuracy of electrical drawings on assigned projects
- Comments on supplier documents where applicable
- Prepare installation contract bill of materials on assigned projects
- Input cable data in to electrical database and issue cable schedule and / or termination schedules
- Keep informed on the latest developments in CAD software and other packages relevant to the electrical design discipline
- Understand the fundamentals and be able to operate the basic functions of a CAD package
- Run macros for conversion of drawings prior to issue
- Attend discipline specific and general training courses where required.
Skills / Qualifications
- N3 or Matric
- 3-5 Years minimum experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Initiative - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications - Actively listens and seeks to understand others' points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organising & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. elatworking ability.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.