Directional DrillerWould you like to work with cutting-edge drilling technology?Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems and deliver solutions?Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.Partner with the best
As a Directional Driller, you'll run the operations of drilling sites using the latest technology. You'll have access to innovative equipment to effectively monitor our wellsites. You will troubleshoot problems and act quickly to ensure efficiency is maintained for our customers.
As a Directional Driller, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Providing instruction and supervision to junior field engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities
- Communicating technical guidance and advice to customers and third-party wellsite colleagues
- Solving often complex drilling problems, by monitoring, analysing and evaluating incidents using logging and drilling data
- Following internal compliance and HSE standards to ensure a safe working environment
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Enjoy travelling to customer locations and being flexible to customer demands
- Have rig drilling or directional drilling experience gained in an oil and gas environment
- Show the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Show good problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and implement improvements
- Be a positive team player and show the ability to adapt in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Be fluent in English (oral and written) and excellent all-round communication skills
- Have a Bachelor's degree or a High School Diploma /GED with equivalent work experience
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
Working with us
- This role is working with our customer on-site in locations across the world. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns. When projects are complete, we offer you the opportunity to take extended leave before you take on your next project
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.