Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Weatherford currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales & Application Specialist to the join the team in Chaguanas, Trinidad & Tobago. The Technical Sales & Application Specialist will carry out testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field. In addition, help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for operating equipment and or machinery.
- Involved in some technical elements (calculations of fluid volumes, pipe capacity) but primarily focused on running equipment/machinery/systems.
- Hands-on and directly manipulates the equipment machinery or system; requiring precise instrumentation/operation.
- Test and maintain equipment in the shop and in the field.
- Provide onsite labour, when needed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned and rental equipment in the field.
- Assist in time, cost, and labour estimates for completion of job assignments.
- Assist the Management Team with preparation of tenders.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries as needed.
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Reviews project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Develops new techniques and or improve processes or materials, or products.
- Acts as technical specialist or advisor to management and staff.
- Oversees and mentors junior level service reps in completion of their assignments.
- Performs supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives and critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role with a strong background in downhole Completions Equipment.
- Degree within Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering.
- Meet all established criteria for a Senior Engineer.
- Ability to train personnel in all service operations.
- Operates all service tools in an assigned service area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have an excellent attitude along with good analytical skills, be problem solving and motivated.
- Must have valid driving license.