Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Roles and Responsibilities
- Field Engineer participates as a Regional Service Team member;
- Lead execution of retrofit projects. Scope of projects includes one or more of the following: turbine solutions (Speetronic MkVI, Micronet, Atlas, HMI products), Compressor solutions (Integrated turbine Compressor Control), Mechanical solutions (high pressure servo upgrades, valve operators, MHC to EHC systems, others);
- Execute project management and technical leader duties;
- Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues;
- Work to be performed at BAKER and customer locations;
- Able to travel extensively;
- Able to work ON/OFF Shore;
- Timely completion of service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements;
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality;
- Support the business growth initiatives in Latin America;
- Lead and promote Safety (HSE)
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial automation, Electrical, or Electronic engineering from an accredited college or university
- minimum 5 years of experience in power generation, industrial plant automation and Oil & Gas;
- MkVi/MarkVie/HMI/Networking Control Solutions product experience (combined or individual minimum of 5 years). Able to perform the commissioning and start-up of machine with these configurations.
- Ability to interpret and understand machinery mechanical and electrical system drawings and specifications.
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment is required
- Valid Driver's License and Passport
- Strong customer service mindset
- Team worker
- Solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings;
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement;
- Able to work independently;
- Ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to set and meet aggressive targets;
- Previous industrial field service experience;
- Controls experience to equipment that functions as a "prime mover;
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills;
- Hands-on approach;
- Fluent in English and Spanish
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.