Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for an Estimating Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
- Remain informed regarding developments in the design and construction methods used within the process plants and associated industries
- Recommend to the HOD Estimator, changes to estimating systems and work practices to improve the efficiency and accuracy of estimates
- Develop, review and agree with the HOD Estimator, or Project Controls Manager as applicable, the scope, basis and methodology of any estimate to be undertaken. Co - ordinates with Project Manager and other Departments to ensure all required technical and commercial input to the estimate is obtained
- Produce the estimate based on the agreed methodology and job specifications
- Review each estimate with the HOD Estimator or Project Control Manager, to confirm that correct estimating methodology has been used and agree the quality and accuracy of the estimate and contingency levels if appropriate
- Preparation and presentation of estimating notes and all other documents required for departmental, management and client reviews
- Preparation and maintenance of specific project and proposal statistics, ensure that project feedback is properly analyzed to assess the accuracy and consistency of ongoing estimating activity
- Assist the Cost Engineer when required in the preparation of contract variations and trends
- Liaise closely with the other operating departments to ensure the timely release of information in order to meet proposal / estimate deadlines
- Maintain strict confidentiality of estimates and client information with regards to all third parties when the job dictates, perform any other functions as directed by the HOD Estimator or Project Controls Manager
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the production of estimates or part estimates under the appropriate discipline cost code of accounts as requested by the HOD Estimator or Project Controls Manager
- Ensures estimates are produced to required technical quality
- Ensure historical / statistical data are collected in a format suitable for use on future estimates
- Ensure maintenance and development of technical work practices as delegated by the HOD Estimator or Project Controls Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- National Diploma in Engineering or Quantity Surveying or equivalent, or
- Sufficient relevant experience over and above that stated below, in lieu of qualification requirements.
- BSC Engineering Degree or Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Registered as a Professional Quantity Surveyor with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a relevant industry environment.
- Competent / proficient user of MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word
- Advanced user of MS Excel, MS Access,
- Exposure to and understanding of the engineering and technical environment, in particular in the oil and gas sector.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well within a team environment. and networking ability.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.