Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Yuzhno, Russian Federation
Wood has an immediate need for a Principal Process Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island (Russia) on a 7 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation.
Reporting directly to the Lead Process Engineer your key focus will be to execute all Process Engineering activities and maintain technical integrity to ensure compliance with SEIC and PSN requirements.
In addition, key accountabilities will include:
- Delivering and supporting a strong HSE culture; work within budget and schedule limits;
- Assistting other disciplines to achieve their goals and support Management where required;
- Participating in cost and schedule estimates; planning work in alignment with project schedule;
- Monitoring and reporting progress using ascribed system; driving innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule;
- Supervising any 3rd work carried out; participating in relevant meetings, such as HAZOP, SIL, C&E, Design Reviews and PEER Reviews;
- Taking full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues;
- Liaising and interacting with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met;
- Advising management of variations in a timely manner;
- Utilizing suitable technology to increase efficiency;
- Being fully conversant with Process safety and ensure its implementation within the Process design;
- Ensuring all work reflects the context of a Brownfield Rejuvenation Project;
- Supporting the Lead Process Engineer supervising younger engineers and graduates; support training
- requirements for graduates and team members;
- Ensuring all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards; ensuring documents are originated, checked and approved by suitable competent personnel;
- Keeping up to date with latest procedures, client requirements and legislation.
- Provisioning of cost effective innovative designs, which are safe, environmentally acceptable and conform to agreed codes of practice;
- Responsible for design, and specification and services related to process plants including utilities and offsite/onsite facilities. Responsible for heat and material balance with the use of simulation programs, the development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment and apparatus such as heat exchangers, vessels, pumps, compressors, etc. Responsible for performing hydraulic calculations, preparing equipment and instruments data sheets, preparing line lists, advanced controls/process optimization;
- Ensuring that all assigned discipline design work is carried out in accordance with asset and PSN priorities and schedules;
- Preparation and review of drawings, reports, schedules and other documents in accordance with relevant specifications, procedures and codes are complied with;
- Taking ownership of assigned discipline design technical queries to ensure resolution to the satisfaction of all;
- Identifying the appropriate resources to perform assigned discipline design activities as required;
- Participating in HAZOP's, HAZID's, SIL's and other safety and operational reviews as required;
- Providing technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers;
- Visits to onshore/offshore sites/facilities to carry out surveys and give design input to any construction/commissioning or production activities;
- Communicating with Operations, Facilities and Construction/Commissioning and start-up personnel as necessary;
- Reviewing job progress and cost reports regarding assigned design activities;
- Liaising with other disciplines in the execution of the work to ensure all work is carried out in a co-ordinated manner;
- Ensuring that all design changes are captured by the change control process;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement process;
- Preparation of RFS's and estimates;
- Ensuring compliance with project internal and external reporting requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with project KPI's;
- Participation in the My success plan process;
- Ensure compliance with PSN corporate and SEIC Codes of Business Conduct;
- Ensures that all Engineering work complies with contract and PSN health, safety, environmental and quality policies and procedures; project specific HSE and Quality plans; and agreed interfacing requirements with SEIC, sub-contractors and others as appropriate;
- Participating in the risk review process;
- Ensuring compliance with Project and SEIC security measures;
- Member of PSN Sakhalin emergency response team;
- Ensuring compliance with SEIC ''Life Saving Rules'';
- Ensuring compliance with Russian Law and strict adherence to ethical principles in the course of all the project activities.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
Ideally, you will be working in a similar role for an Engineering / EPCM company with a minimum of 12 years professional experience but what will set you apart will be your 7+ years of relevant experience in the brownfields offshore oil & gas industry.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.) from a recognised institution.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice
- Minimum of 2 years working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Have experience in using Hysys/Unisim ( Dynamic HYSYS preferred), Pipesim, FRED, HTFS / HTRI
- Steady state modelling capability of plant facilities and unit processes using either HYSYS or Unisim, with ability to both optimise and translate results into design
- Knowledge of fundamentals of both static and rotating equipment design and analysis.
- Familiarity with relevant international codes and standards. Familiarisation and past use of the Shell DEP would be advantages.
- Experience of participation in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating studies is essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Competencies, Core Values, Behaviours:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Shall be able to form, smoothly interact and motivate a team with ability to manage change within a matrix type organisation
- Action orientated
- Accepts responsibility
- Self starter & self motivated
- Able to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to delegate; to prioritise; and to have flexibility to meet demands of the role
- Well developed and proven leadership skills and behaviours
If you are an experienced Principal Process Engineer with proven experience in the brownfields Oil & Gas industry, apply today!
Shortlisting to commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.