Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Sr Advisor, Inclusion and Diversity for a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
Supports the development and implementation of the company's new inclusion and diversity (I&D) strategy
• Works collaboratively with other teams in Human Resources to develop and implement initiatives and programs that will support achieving their I&D targets
• Advises and collaborates across the organization to ensure inclusion and diversity I&D is embedded into their people processes.
• Ensures alignment of inclusion and diversity communication and practices with their new Purpose & Values.
• Develops and implements new inclusion and diversity initiatives and tools to enhance and increase competence in inclusion.
• Works with Communications to ensure inclusion and diversity content is appropriately represented in our internal and external communication is timely and effective.
• Supports the Engagement & Inclusion team with inclusion-related questions for internal surveys.
• Provides guidance and consultation on I&D matters across all levels of the organization, with a focus on mid and senior-level leaders.
• Executes complex projects with wide-ranging impact, ensuring that deadlines are met.
• In partnership with Talent Acquisition, Communications, ERGs their employee resource groups (ERGs) and internal I&D champions, works to build and maintain our client's brand externally.
• Conducts research on issues that relate to I&D and provides support on special projects.
• Identifies future needs, industry trends, and content creation for DEII&D.
• Creates and presents I&D content to varying levels of the organization and at external networking events.
• Leads routine meetings with ERGs and other inclusion working groups.
• Works with internal stakeholders to develop dashboards and metrics to measure progress and overall effectiveness of I&D efforts.
• Work closely with Sustainability to ensure alignment with respect to ESG goals, reporting, and communication.
• Acts as a coach and mentor in the Supports development and implementation of a self-identification survey.
• Using best practice research and analysis of internal data, make recommendations for additional inclusion and diversity targets
• Provides informal coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the team
• Additional special projects as assigned
- Strategy development
- Research skills
- Functional knowledge of inclusion & diversity
- Fluency in Microsoft office- especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Analytical skills (data and telling the story)
- Facilitation skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Ability to influence without authority
- Works well in ambiguity
- Strong diplomacy skills
- Strong relationship-building skills (demonstrated at all levels of the organization)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field
• At least 5-7 years of experience in the areas of diversity and inclusion at a senior individual contributor level.
• Experience with strategy development and execution.
• Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness developing and leading inclusion related initiatives in a complex organizational environment (ideally in a multinational organization)
• Strong organizational, presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to detail. Must possess the ability to prioritize based on need.
• Ability to do current state and future state analysis
• Experience partnering with internal stakeholders to integrate inclusion and diversity into programs and processes.
• Proven ability to influence at all levels, along with the ability to connect, communicate and provide advice.
• Strong ability to use a data-driven approach to set internal and external targets, and to measure progress in a meaningful way.
• Proven ability to build and leverage external networks with other inclusion and diversity professionals.
• Ability to conduct research reviews and best practice studies for the purpose of building and implementing inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.