Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Pipe Recovery Specialist who will be responsible for all types of Wireline related Pipe Recovery services. You will maintain and operate a Pipe Recovery Wireline Unit and equipment, provide Pipe Recovery Wireline field operations for customers and rig crews in a safe and error free manner to ensure that all job requirements are met from start to finish.
- Select job specific equipment for each job and confirm with your dispatcher
- Understand all the standard equipment and or source all the required technical information for the job on a per job basis (Pipe specs etc.).
- Know all the standard tool strengths, limitations and or source that information.
- Ensure that all equipment is functional, loaded & secured properly prior to departure.
- Ensure that all equipment/explosives are logged in/out as necessary.
- Discuss the timing and route with your crew to ensure a safe and timely error free journey to location.
- Active participation and a personal commitment to all parts of the job.
- Confirm the Wireline units rig up location.
- Confirm with the customer what services are required upon arrival.
- Obtain all additional required technical information for the tasks e.g. depths ID OD etc.
- Listen to the information the customer has to offer about the well.
- Complete a detailed documented pre-job hazard assessment on all jobs.
- Follow and adhere to all Weatherford and customer requirements.
- Hold and document a pre-job safety meeting, related to the specific tasks with all required personal and as conditions change.
- Confirm with the rig & Wireline crew the placement of the sheaves and slings.
- Inform the customer of any unsafe requests and or substandard practices and document where required.
- Ensure that all participants are made aware of what the risks are during the process and what is required of them (Instruct/inform the required personal of your requirements).
- Always keep the customer informed of your progress and or setbacks.
- Get involved with the job and help the customer to make the right decisions for the tasks. Use your expertise.
- Ensure that all the equipment, used or not is accounted for and returned to its proper location.
- Ensure that all the documents, where required are recorded accurately. (Tickets, logs, resumes, line books, pre-job safety books magazine inventory books etc).
- Ensure that all equipment being used is compatible for the task.
- Inform your location of dispatch of your current daily job status every day.
- Record, document and route all nonconformance's immediately.
- Ensure all the damaged equipment is repaired, replaced & charged out accordingly.
- Make certain that the Wireline unit and or any other related equipment is returned to an acceptable condition.
- Inform your dispatcher/supervisor of your work status.
- Complete and forward all reports and paperwork as required.
- When you see errors follow the processes to help correct them.
- Manage your individual, mandatory training requirements and inform your supervisor when training is required prior to expiration of your certificates.
- Take full responsibility for your crew members in and out of the shop, providing direction and assistance with W/L trucks and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure all tools and equipment used are serviced and repaired as required.
- Co-ordinate timing at shop with your driver to meet and accomplish necessary work.
- Train and Mentor new employees to the standard operating procedures from beginning to the end of all parts of the job.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 4-5 years of related experience
- Valid driver's license with clean driving abstract
- Chemical Cutting experience
- Class 3 or above driving license