Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Data Architect for a contract position, remote working available (regular travel to Aberdeen).
- Responsible for the support, development and delivery of cloud-based data engineering solutions.
- Reference (Technical Authority) for cloud data architecture within the company (Centre of Excellence)
- Provide support & guidance on data and technology subjects for the Digital development squads across the business
- Act as consultant for the Data Engineers to ensure best practice for data architecture is applied consistently across the company
- The IS Data Architect will lead the development and design of cloud data solutions required to support the long term goals of the company and the wider company group.
- The IS Data Architect will be responsible for the specification, build and maintenance of new requirements for the company digital projects.
- The IS Data Architect will ensure robust move to run procedures and process are established to assist in the ongoing support of digital solutions.
- The IS Data Architect must be able to effectively work with key business users and IS colleagues to provide high-quality solution designs
- The IS Data Architect shall provide subject matter expert (SME) best practice guidance across the domain.
- The IS Data Architect must work effectively with centralised teams to ensure that solutions delivered within the affiliate align to Group standards, security rules and procedures
Data Architect / Strategy:
- Analyse and define data architecture requirements by evaluating business processes and existing data structures and applications.
- Design and implement data models to document the data architecture in its AS-IS and TO-BE states.
- Assist in the definition of a Cloud Data strategy, solutions and roadmaps, ensuring they meet both business and performance goals in line with the company IT strategy and Data Governance guidelines.
- Identification of new digital techniques, tools or best practices and assist in integrating them into the Digital & Data department's ways of working.
- Make recommendations on IS expenditure for digital enhancements and projects
- Provide functional expertise and guidance around leveraging the capabilities of cloud platforms to business stakeholders.
- Act as liaison between business key users and the IS Department - for investigating, analyzing, and implementing cloud-based solutions (including documenting, data mapping, analytical processing and source system modifications).
- Identify and promote ways in which processes, procedures and IS can be changed or adapted to achieve improvements in the cost effectiveness and quality of its operation.
- Assist in the development of end-to-end solutions for new and existing digital projects.
- Run proof of concepts and investigate opportunities for use of innovative cloud solutions.
- Review change/enhancements requests to ensure there is a business justification and that they are cost effective and technically sound
- Support incident resolution on productionised digital solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring the production services are optimally configured and aligned to best practices to protect production data.
- Support the development of automated data pipelines (ETL, ELT) in conjunction with business stakeholders and IS teams.
- Work in close collaboration with IT to define and develop the industrialised digital support process which will be managed and administered by IT.
- A numerate honours degree (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering) with professional experience.
- Ability to develop technical solutions and functional specifications based on business requirements.
Knowledge of leading technologies including:
o Enterprise data modelling
o Data ingestion and integration
o Data storage and security
o Data processing and distributed computing
- Extensive experience working with relational databases, including database administration.
- Proven production experience and best practice knowledge of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (Microsoft Azure components)
- Experience integrating cloud services to securely work with on premise data sources.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, written and verbal combined with effective technical presentation skills.
- Organised, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines.
- An understanding of the Upstream industry and knowledge of Upstream companies main strategic drivers.
- Knowledge of multi-tier, high availability, cloud and on premise data engineering solutions in a complex multi-site enterprise environment.
- Experience of working within the Microsoft Azure tech stack
- Experience of working within a dynamic Agile based team.