Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Safety Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrumentation, Control and Telecoms (ICT) Operations Lead with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to be based in our Staines office.
This role will contribute to the delivery of Operations excellence through;
- Being responsible for instrument, control and telecoms and input to project design for our Client
- Act as advisor to the Project for all instrumentation, control and telecoms equipment, procedures and competency requirements to ensure transition of the safe functionality into the Operational Phase
- Manages the Operational Technology security aspects of the project
- Support the development of digitization of the asset managing project deliverables and developing standard designs and templates for use within the wider Client fleet
- Support the Operations Assurance to deliver a fit for purpose asset to support the start up-stay up philosophy.
- Participating in audits as required
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Participating in project HAZOP
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of project through to operations.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Ensure the design, selection and reliability of instrumentation, control and telecoms equipment will meet the annual delivery plan commitments by carrying out the following:
- Act as the focal point and provide advice to all aspects of the Organisation for the control, instrumentation and telecoms
- Advise project on control system architecture, design and testing programs to reflect project philosophies, and line with operations requirements
- Advise project on multi location automation system, remote operations requirements
- Advise project for Operations requirement of Custody Transfer Metering, virtual metering and analysers
- Develop a Cyber Security Management Plan for the Project execution
- Advise Project and its Contractors for Cybersecurity Management
- Develop use cases for Data Historian design
- Support the development of business and use cases for the Digitalization initiative and use of future technologies of Digital Twinning, AI, Machine Learning to bring production advantages into the Operational phase
- Support the Performance Standards requirements and SCE's for Fire & Gas, Safety Systems, Emergency Shutdown and Essential Power Generation
- Support project with the develop a Functional Safety Management Plan
- Support Operational Readiness initiatives, maintenance builds and support contracts for all instrument, control and telecoms equipment
- Manage the development of the Engineering and Operator Training Simulator
- Act as interface for integration of Package, Subsea and Pipeline equipment into an overall control system architecture
- Investigate business and technology advantages of Remote Operations considering Cybersecurity challenges
- Drive assurance activities such as LOPA, SIL Assessment, F&G Mapping Study, Cause and Effect (C&E) Review, Alarm Management Workshop, CCR & Equipment Room Layout Reviews and Electrical Safety Review (SAFOP)
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Electrical or Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- BEng or equivalent, and Chartered Engineer or recognized equivalent experience.
- Registered Functional Safety Engineer
- Considerable previous work experience in O&G and supporting offshore operations experience
- Self-motivated and able to clearly communicate with Client and contractors at all levels
- Good presentation skills
- Good written communication skills
- Strong computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant engineering software tools, systems and tools
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.