Skills: Project Management, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood is seeking a Project Administrator to join our team in Portland, ME. The selected candidate will join the Project Delivery Team assisting staff throughout the office in nearly all facets of the operation. This position offers an opportunity to advance your career while contributing to the success of the North Atlantic Operations.
Key Responsibilities :
- Full time position working 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday, with flexibility to work overtime, if required, to meet internal or client deadlines
- Receptionist answering phones and managing guests while performing other job duties simultaneously
- Planning, setup and take down of office functions with guests (for example, coffee, catered breakfast/lunch)
- Assist project team members with document formatting, copying, production, binding, shipping, filing and scanning. etc.
- Assist with distribution of incoming mail and shipments delivered to the office
- Assist Operations and project managers with review and processing vendor invoices
- Word processing and typing of documents, forms and letters
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma (or equivalent), associate's or bachelor's degree
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing, friendly personality with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Office 365; Adobe software
- Ability and willingness to learn about the company and its various services and capabilities to assist in directly calls to appropriate staff
- Ability and willingness to learn technical and business vocabulary
- May be required to drive on company business for delivery of documents to agencies or clients -, must have a driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to use a personal computer, operate common office equipment (photocopying, facsimile, transmittal, telephone call director, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities for individuals and teams within the office
Preferred Skills :
- Some formal secretarial or business training
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional office setting (preferably at an engineering, construction, or architectural firm)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.