Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Plant Controller. The Plant Controller will be responsible acting as a business partner to the management team of a manufacturing facility enabling strong business performance and ensuring adequate controls. The Plant Controller will provide day to day support to the management team in line with the performance objectives of the Manufacturing Director and in compliance with company controls and compliance.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Serve as a business partner relationship with the plant management team to support business plan and provide financial guidance.
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earning, based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Analyze month end and month to date financial and statistical data to understand the drivers for variances from budget/forecast and develop improvement plans with plant managers and manufacturing controller.
- Provide and direct procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Analyze, consolidate, and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Maintain procedures and controls to monitor financial performance and safeguard the company assets.
- Participate in balance sheet reviews.
- Assist with review and preparation of capital appropriation requests, including tracking monthly spend on active AFE's.
- Lead and develop process improvements to improve efficiency and accuracy of the plant accounting team and the overall performance of the plant.
- Liaise with corporate accounting, internal and external auditors as required.
- Ensure and test that all policies, procedures, GAAP, SOX requirements and standards of work are followed and compliant to expectations. Implementing controls when required.
- Assist in the preparation of the month end reporting package to senior management.
- Oversee Inventory Cycle count process.
- Prepare and analyze intercompany gross margin reports.
- Assist in ad hoc requests as required.
- Manage performance appraisals and goal setting for direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting, Finance, Economics or comparable business related field.
- 5+ years of manufacturing accounting experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX practices, including compliance to company policies, procedures, and manufacturing standards of work.
- Knowledge of ERP accounting software (JD Edwards preferred).
- Experience working in standard cost environment.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Prior supervision experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and analyze to draw actionable conclusions to present to managers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, reports and spreadsheets to present information not data to all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting.