Posted: Sep 27, 2021
Posted: Sep 27, 2021
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer, Senior. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing Mechanical Engineering support on our major projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities :
- Leading work groups or project teams with limited supervision
- Focussed on meeting client objectives
- Leading the engineering effort and team for the layout, design, specification and evaluation of mechanical equipment for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Preparing sizing calculations for pumps, gravity flow systems and other industrial equipment
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Effectively execute projects in study phases and project execution, as well as supporting projects in construction
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Adequate management of project budget, schedule and quality, and effective implementation of change management procedures
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with P. Eng. Status in B.C. or eligibility for registration.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience with significant Mining experience and knowledge of Mining equipment
- Relevant site maintenance or operations experience is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.