Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Commercial Cardlock Sales Representative for Western Canada. This will be a 1-year contract, with possibility of extension and the territory will include British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
Schedule: Mon to Fri
Remote work/Office Work: Remote work with home office
Travel required: 50-70% travel. Extensive travel is a requirement for the position and the contractor will be provided with a monthly travel allowance.
Reports to: Manager Commercial Sales, Canada
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The position will report through to the Canadian Sales Manager and will be responsible for hunting new cardlock and managing some existing accounts within the defined sales territory of Western Canada. A Commercial Cardlock Sales Representative needs to be confident when making calls on head office and field level opportunities while maintaining positive relationships with customers, dealers, and operations personnel which is essential to facilitate sales through Cardlock facilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical along with the ability to interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds
• Active solicitation of PRO Cardlock and Fleet customers (potential and existing) in a defined sales territory
• Persistently and successfully follow up on all leads to convert to profitable sales as this role is focused on new account generation and requires a direct selling, hunter mentality. This position will also have existing account management responsibility, therefore, will require a mix of sales and account management skills.
• Develop and execute specific tactical plans that ensure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales goals including volume and profit key performance indicators. This includes preparation and execution of sales proposals, communications, presentations, and other customer correspondence, networking with key decision makers and industry contacts within a designated territory at industry events, 25-30 customer calls/week with a focus on account acquisition and growth while building long term relationships. Implementation of strategies aimed at increasing market share and margins.
• Business travel within a territory is a requirement of this role. Approximately 50-70% of the time will be spent traveling within a defined territory.
• Analyze Sales Reporting generated by Business Resources Group to identify sales opportunities and track industry changes that may create opportunities and or pose threats. Create and execute action plans on identified sales opportunities.
• Strategically manage and maintain a portfolio of existing key medium to large accounts achieving a balanced effort on new customer acquisition and incremental sales from existing customers.
• Crucial focus on customer relationship management including pricing, problem resolution, cross commodity selling, and proactive identification of issues and buying behaviours.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field
• A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional sales experience in a commercial or industrial capacity
• Strong communication, presentations and written skills
• Extensive selling, cold calling, and closing techniques with a well-defined sales process
• Successful track record in outside sales consistently meeting all sales and profit targets
• A background and knowledge in commercial fuel sales, trucking, credit card, or industrial supply industries
• Working knowledge of the cardlock or commercial fuels industry with a network of contacts
• Knowledge and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software in a sales environment including Salesforce
• Ability to work independently with strong self-management and problem solving skills
• Experience with financial analysis including margins and revenue along with budgeting and forecasting
• Extensive travel is a requirement for the position
• Valid Driver's License and Clear Abstract
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• An MBA would be an asset
• Sales related training, education, certification or professional development designation
• Experience creating and managing sales expectations and commitments including terms and conditions as well as exception management
• Intermediate Microsoft Skills including excel, word and power point
• Desire to be an effective and engaged member of a high performing team
• Organization, ingenuity, integrity, and leadership skills
• Ability to make decision independently in a fast paced environment
• Drives for results setting high standards, taking personal accountability and delivering on commitments
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.