Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an IT Infrastructure Analyst for a 2 month temporary contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Provides end-user desktop, application, telephone, and mobile support to user community across all infrastructure and application services and assists the global IT support team.
Ensures proper systems, infrastructure, and application operations so that end users can successfully accomplish organizational tasks. Ensures adherence to departmental standards when supporting the company infrastructure and applications
- Logs, tracks and responds to service requests and incidents raised through the ITSM (IT Service Management) platform to ensure resolution in line with SLAs/KPI's and department best practices. Ensures that customer requirements are understood and delivered. Constantly aims for a superior level of user experience and overall customer satisfaction. Proactively owns service desk calls/emails from receipt through to final resolution.
- Receives, prioritizes, documents, analyzes and actively resolves technical issues surrounding infrastructure and applications. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools and working closely with consultants, vendors, and colleagues to resolve problems and assist end-users. (~30%)
- Responds to the escalation of support incidents from the global IT support team.
- Supports and enhances the server, desktop and network estate to ensure maximum practical availability and efficiency. (~10%)
- Serves as a reference for the global VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, cloud-based infrastructure, network security, and network infrastructure.
- Identifies, analyzes, recommends, and implements technical solutions for problems, improvements, and developments across all company applications and infrastructure.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Competencies (skills & abilities)
- Provide service desk and basic infrastructure support.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Continually gain knowledge of the company-wide it services, while developing high levels of trust and business relationships with all parties.
- Facilitate, interact with and resolve issues among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines, at times under stressful circumstances.
- Show proficiency in desktop/laptop systems, microsoft office systems including o365, azure iaas, windows 10, exchange server, ipad/iphone, networking, security, active directory, sharepoint and mobile device management (intune).
- Comprehend and communicate accurately, clearly and concisely in english. (spanish or french may also be beneficial depending upon assignment.)
- Recommend processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Demonstrate good, practical and objective problem-solving skills.
- Prioritize and complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Show integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
Education & Knowledge
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of business applications. Understanding of business linkages and the ramifications that decisions can have.
- Typically, at least two years of progressively more responsible IT infrastructure experience.
- Experience with the following systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Active Directory design and administration, VMware ESXi implementation and administration, routing and switching, firewall security, SAN and storage services. Experience in a similar industry is desired.