Would you enjoy designing innovative software for energy products?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team is building a next-generation platform of software for intelligent decisions, supporting the mission-critical requirements of customers.Partner with the best
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion, To be successful in this role you will:
- Capturing system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Identifying the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Demonstrating the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engaging in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Working closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Providing guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Working with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Demonstrating the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Executing in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal.
- Maintaining code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation. Also, Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Possessing advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 9 - 10 yrs of professional experience.
- Have knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and C# coding principles
- Have hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Have good knowledge of WPF, WCF.
- Have Well versed with Unit testing/Automation
- Be a good team player and display good communication and problem solving skills
- Experience of Programming concepts: OOPS, Design principles and patterns, Architecture, TDD, automation, best practices, etc
- be able to demonstrate leadership skills
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week) post pandemic requires approval from Manager
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.