Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated, experienced Software Engineer to join our organisation. Our small and self-organizing teams employ Agile processes to create a high-performing software development environment. This position requires working with teams in various locations.
Our Software Engineer is involved in t he development of web applications and software used to deliver the geophysical data that the company collects at the well site to our data centres for interpretation and onward to our customers' offices. They also are responsible for the development of data visualisation and interpretation capabilities on websites.Key Responsibilities
- Design and develop the web applications and associated software systems used to deliver geophysical data from rig site to data centre and client's office and provide visualisation and interpretation of this data.
- Investigate reports of problems with the software systems outlined above and fix these systems as required.
- In conjunction with other members of the team, provide out of hours support for fixing serious issues with the web applications. This will involve being part of a rota providing 24/7 52 week per year coverage, for which an additional allowance is paid. Where possible we will provide the ability to perform this function from home.
- Work with other software teams, both in East Leake and other locations around the world, to provide integrated and consistent software products across the company.
- Liaise with other departments to facilitate the correct interaction of the software with other software/IT systems.
- Work with personnel in other locations around the world, providing a high standard of customer support. If necessary to provide this service, to travel to other locations around the world for short periods.
- Follow the processes defined for addressing maintenance and support issues and for new development. Use the systems provided by the Company for this purpose.
- As required, to design, develop and maintain any of the other software applications and systems developed by the department.
- Must have a degree in a numerate discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Electronics, etc.)
- Good C# and .NET skills
- Experience of software development as part of a degree course, placement or employment
- Attention to detail, team player, creative and original, enthusiastic, good work ethic, integrity and trust