Skills: Electrical Engineering, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Commissioning Manager on a 4x4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
Commissioning Manager, preferably with Electrical background, to manage Commissioning and Start Up of Small to medium size projects on an Onshore Oil and Gas Field in Iraq.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Project Commissioning team, comprising, engineers, technicians, vendors and operations and specialists
- Coordinate with Operators, Project Teams, Contractors, Suppliers to prepare the necessary documentation and procedures for a smooth and safe start-up
- Ensure preparation and provide advice to Project teams and Contractors regarding the approval and use of correct pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up procedures
- Prepare and assist with hand-over of systems and documentation in accordance with and with completion of contract custody transfer documents as appropriate
- Prepare a final report to summarise pre-commissioning problems, solutions, and recommend future improvements and lessons learned for inclusion in a Site Closeout Report
- Report accidents and infectious diseases as required by company procedures
- Communicate the Project safety standards, rules and regulations to personnel
- Lead by example with personal safety behaviour
- Monitor and enforce the adherence to the safety standards, rules and regulations
- Ensure commissioning is executed in accordance with applicable specifications, drawings and standards with special emphasis on revision control
- Participate in regular on site Operator and contractor progress meetings, actively participate in interface coordination meetings and attend other project meetings as required
- Coordinate commissioning activities with the Operators, contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, provide input into the Commissioning Program
- Provide input for the monthly Project progress report and other project reporting requirements
Skills / Qualifications
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline (strong preference for Electrical) from a recognized university or College.
- High safety awareness and strong implementation of safety standards
- A minimum of twenty years' experience in commissioning and execution of significant Oil & Gas projects, of which a minimum of eight years experience as a commissioning manager or leadership roles with proven track record.
- Previous pre-commissioning experience on brownfield projects in an onshore Oil and Gas environment.
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of a Commission Manager position
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
- Previous experience in EPC brownfield projects in desert conditions is a must, and Gulf experience is preferable
- Preferably with Electrical Background, but strong understanding of all Technical Disciplines must be demonstrated.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.