Posted: Sep 27, 2021
Posted: Sep 27, 2021
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Purpose of Job
Develops system transition plans and manages Application Support services by prudent analysis of Oil and Gas business and IT requirements to commission, maintain, improve, optimise and decommission the Oil and Gas Technical Applications and Business Systems. Special focus on the support of Real Time Systems and Asset Performance Management Systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Petroleum / Business or equivalent
• Minimum 6 years of progressive and directly related experience.
• Recognized IT Certifications. Advance knowledge of DCS, SCADA, Honeywell PHD and OSIsoft solutions is preferred.
Experience & Skills
• Good understanding of Oil and Gas business processes, practices and related business systems and technical applications.
• Ability to perform in a highly administrative and structured work environment
.• Strong knowledge of network, systems, desktop applications and databases.
• Provide application installation/setup, maintenance/update, and application security as per QP's Policies and standards.
• Evaluate business and technical systems based on user needs by organising and participating in vendor evaluation meetings, designing tender technical evaluation criteria, bids evaluation and systems recommendation to ensure that the most appropriate solution is procured and implemented.
• Implement preventive and corrective actions by performance monitoring and troubleshooting, reviewing usage of software licenses, liaising with multiple business departments, solution providers and vendors for enhancing reliability of deployed solutions.
• Plan and conduct workshops by providing clarification on business and technical concerns, identify areas for improvement and meet agreed customer expectations to improve business effectiveness and usage of the system.
• Apply security measures by following security procedures and standards to ensure secure environment.
• Manage the external vendors, support partners for providing best Application Support services to the business
. • Troubleshooting and debugging of issues.
• Excellent experience in ITIL/ITSM.
• Good knowledge in the following application/domain, OSI soft, asset performance management system & PHD
• Responsible for administration, development and support of the real time process information system that integrates automation control systems of all aspects in Offshore and Onshore plants • Provide support for the Data Historians.
• Liaise with vendors and other ICT Teams to resolve 3rd party issues with defined SLA.
• Update of Real Time System life cycle documents (detailed design specs, requirements, documenting changes etc).
• Resolve identified vulnerabilities within the real time systems within defined SLA.
• Support of several (ad-hoc) Real Time related projects. Recommend optimal solutions for related projects, assist with defining user requirements, design and document system architecture.
•Coordination with IT system administrators for Data Historian related infrastructure changes and issues
• Communicating complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical business users.
• Responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, connect integration & integration for Meridium asset performance management system
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools for reports